This position will play a key technical role in facilitating various technical and business initiatives within WDS. Activities supporting these initiatives will include technical leadership and supporting roles in software solution inception and design, software development and solution cost and resource estimation, internal and external process and technical solution evaluation and reviews, client-facing meetings, vendor statement of work review and providing technical architecture direction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Provides architectural and 'big picture' oversight for the development and integration of line of business applications
· Develops systems and software architecture in support of business initiatives so that agreed upon service levels for timely, accurate, and efficient information systems solutions are met.
· Sets the standards for new software applications.
· Acquires the necessary technical and business knowledge and perform technology and product research and evaluation to support LOB operations and software development needs.
· Develops and manages architectural guiding principles that will guide technology decisions that are consistent with the strategic objectives,
· Collaborates extensively throughout the firm to ensure integration of business processes and applications (new and legacy)
· Participates in the identification of architectural components, and to ensure that systems are designed and implemented to achieve the firm's goals, including the resolution of legacy integration issues as they arise
· Acts a liaison between third party vendors and WDS to procure, develop and/or integrate their applications into company products to ensure that applications are in accordance with company product standards and guidelines.
· Evaluates new technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the WDS’s internal products.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5 years as a software architect in the definition and implementation of software architectures with at least 3 years focused on developing business process automation
- Demonstrated use of .NET application development technologies as well as a solid understanding and practical use of specific Microsoft development technologies such as C#, ASP.NET, XML, SQL, SOA and Silverlight, WCF, WWF and WPF
- Advanced demonstrated experience with object oriented design and development techniques using Microsoft technologies and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Must have successfully deployed or integrated a large scale, high transaction volume, commercial ERP system
- Expertise in large scale enterprise architecture with ERP and hosted solutions
- 10 years software product development experience including at least 5 years experience with Object Oriented analysis and design in a .NET environment.
- Must possess top notch communication skills, the drive to succeed and work independently and on a team, with the ability to multi task, and deliver quality results.
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of application development technology concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor staff.
- Healthcare and/or Insurance industry experience would be a plus
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science; Master’s degree desirable.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Washington Dental Service - 2 years ago
Washington Dental Service, a member of the Delta Dental Plans Association, is the leading dental benefits company in the state of...