Job Title: Enterprise Solution Architect
Job ID: 04433
Division : Information Services
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Prefer experience architecting solutions that take advantage of business analytics technologies such as Informatica PowerCenter, Hadoop, EMC Greenplum.
Also desire experience architecting solutions that encompass business analytics data delivery tools such as Business Objects, SAS, and Data Visualization tools.
The Enterprise Solution Architect leads the definition of high level candidate architectures for large and/or complex enterprise-class solutions that make up the enterprise architecture. They ensure that all enterprise perspectives of the solution are addressed, including data, application, technology, and security considerations. Through collaboration with other architects and system specialists, they are also responsible for establishing technical reference architectures, architecture patterns, and standards to promote enterprise efficiency and agility, ensure solution architecture quality, and ensure alignment of solutions with enterprise architecture directions. Their primary goal is to ensure that solutions are defined holistically and integrate as a portfolio of reusable enterprise capabilities.
- Solution Architecture Development (40%)
- Assesses proposed business ideas and determines architectural significance.
- Determines primary dependent systems and infrastructure.
- Determines high level system integrations needed to implement the proposed business idea.
- Develops holistic candidate solution architectures, ensuring that all architectural aspects of the system, including data, application, infrastructure, and security are addressed.
- Researches and makes recommendations on technology build vs. buy decisions.
- Develops rough cost estimates (RCEs) for candidate solution architectures.
- Solution Architecture Standards and Governance ( (20%)
- Identifies, documents, and communicates ESA standards, patterns, and best practices.
- Assesses solution implementations to ensure alignment with published ESA visions and strategies.
- Recommends changes to enterprise architecture and enterprise solution architecture standards and policies.
- Solution Architecture Consulting (20%)
- Consults with application architects and reviews individual architected solutions.
- Provides advice and support to project teams.
- Participates in analysis of business and technology trends.
- Participates in the development of enterprise architecture strategies and roadmaps.
- Leads or participates in architecture and design reviews.
- Solution Architecture Modeling (20%)
- Participates in the management and configuration of the EA repository.
- Develops and maintains architecture models in the EA repository.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Problem Solving
- Technical Expertise
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience communicating and influencing at all levels of the organization from technical IT staff to business executives.
- Demonstrated experience negotiating complex or contentious issues, reaching consensus, and working through people to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated experience working at a solution architecture level designing and estimating large and/or complex IT solutions.
- Demonstrated experience working across a broad range of information technology disciplines, including application, data, infrastructure, and security domains, with expertise in one or more domains.
- Demonstrated experiencing developing architectural models to communicate complex subjects in a clear and informative way to varying audiences.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of enterprise architecture styles, including Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), web and mobile architectures, client/server architecture, business intelligence architectures, messaging and integration architectures, and legacy/mainframe architecture.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of business capabilities and processes as they relate to enterprise solution architecture.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Solid knowledge and understanding of solution architecture methods, artifacts, and tools.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...