The role of the Enterprise Systems Manager is to plan, direct, and coordinate the design, installation, and operations of server and storage systems to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing servers, operating systems, hypervisors, software, storage devices, and other related hardware accross several datacenters. The Enterprise Systems Manager will schedule and direct the activities of a team of Systems Engineers to resolve hardware and operating system problems in a timely and accurate fashion. The team will also be responsible for planning of upgrades, new technology and server migrations. The role will work with thier staff and other business units to achieve high availability, maintain recovery plans and a secure computing environment.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Produce written documentation for proposals which describe solutions to business problems, including the equipment recommended, the cost of the equipment, and the time required to successfully (and fully) implement the solution. Focus should include the benefits versus the cost.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Interact with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Assist in research on relevant technology products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the industry.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent network activities.
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain system capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated plans for Systems resource administration and appropriate use.
- Monitor progress of projects. Identify problems impeding progress and participate in their resolution. This will involve frequent updates from the project participants. Ensure that the requesters and others affected by the project are kept informed of the projects' status.
- Monitor and evaluate division of work across staff.
- Plan and conduct performance appraisals of staff, administer disciplinary action if required, manage compensation structure of staff, evaluate promotions, participate in hiring and selection, etc.
- Develop strategies for improving the effectiveness, efficiency and development of staff.
- Maintain a good working relationship with staff, offering leadership and guidance.
- Ensure adequate cross training of staff to allow for the support of critical functions in the event of one or more team member’s absence.
- Oversee the development and deployment of, methodologies for testing Host performance and providing Host performance statistics and reports.
- Oversee, manage, and ensure effectiveness of Host Infrastructure systems and their associated operating systems and software.
- Oversee, manage, and ensure effectiveness of servers, clients including print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, and maintain current knowledge of plan execution. Respond to emergency network outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to configuration, processes, and service records.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of documentation, procedures manuals, and help sheets for Systems installations.
- Maintain accurate records of projects, tasks, and assets by utilizing the appropriate IT software.
- Ensure confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information; adhere to company security policies.
- Adhere to company software licensing policies and practices.
- Degreed Candidates: Bachelor’s degree in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information sciences, or a related field preferred
- Non-Degreed Candidates: High School Diploma/Equivalent AND 6 years of equivalent IT related work experience within the last 8 years
- 4 years of direct Supervisory experience
- 3 years of experience within the last 5 years managing servers across multiple geographically dispersed datacenters
- SAP Experience Preferred
- On the job experience with Microsoft server technologies
- Extensive on the job experience with VMWare
- Experience configuring server operating system security
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills
- Ability to conduct research across a wide range of computing areas
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong math skills including Data analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong customer service orientation
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and direct the execution of tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work additional hours as needed including occasional additional weekends
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time domestically and internationally
- Valid driver’s license with favorable motor vehicle report
- Ability to obtain and maintain a passport
Dart sets the industry standard of excellence by efﬁciently providing high quality foodservice packaging solutions and exceptionally...