Administration, integration, automation and oversight of key College data systems, including Banner ERP and its components (such as INB , SSB , ODS , EDW , or Workflow), along with other related or integrated systems such as Nolij or the CBORD Campus ID system. Serve as key technical and administrative resource for enterprise systems and develop an extremely deep understanding of their workings. Assist with the development, integration, and implementation of processes within enterprise systems and the interactions between enterprise systems and other systems at the College. Provide high-level support to other members of IT and advanced end-users. Develop and manage change management for enterprise systems. Serve as primary contact for enterprise systems security requests. Maintain data security of enterprise data systems.
Primary Duties, Responsibilites, and Tasks
• Administration, implementation, integration and automation of enterprise data systems.
• Troubleshoot problems and provide high level support to IT professionals and advanced departmental representatives.
• Design, development, programming, implementation, and development of systems pertaining to enterprise systems.
• Determine and implement means, methods and mechanisms of access and interactions between data and the systems and individuals who rely on IT.
• Serve as contact for enterprise data access requests, and design mechanisms to enable, automate and audit them.
• Serve as secondary enterprise systems DBA .
• Systems programming and scripting.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Education (including hardware, software, and equipment)
• Windows and Linux server administration skills, along with exposure to ERP systems and SQL .
• Ability to work independently on large and complex projects that affect the enterprise.
• A good general understanding of programming practice and relational database applications
• Project management skills, an ability to focus on the big picture while addressing numerous details, and the ability to quickly digest and understand business processes are essential. Well-honed communication skills are necessary.
• Strong personal organization, and the ability to describe technical processes to non-technical users, is very important.
Preferred/Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Education (including hardware, software, and equipment)
• Oracle expertise and/or certification preferred.
• Prior Ellucian Banner training preferred.
• Windows and/or Linux training or certification preferred.
Required Prior Work Experience
• At least five years’ experience in information technology.
• Familiarity with Ellucian Banner and related applications.
• At least two years’ experience in higher education.
• 5-7 years total work experience
Emerson College - 24 months ago