Responsible for providing technical support to customers on operation or maintenance of Dell server products early in the life cycle of the product.
- Oklahoma City, OK or Round Rock, TX
Assists phone customers by diagnosing problems, and providing resolutions for technical and service issues.
Documents solutions for issues early in the life cycle for repeat use as the product matures.
- Troubleshoots technical issues with Dell servers (hardware and software) in order to resolve customer issues.
- Follows up with customers via phone and email to ensure a total solution for their technical questions.
- Escalates calls, as appropriate, to the respective group for higher level technical support.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in a platform in order to handle escalations and to assist other technicians.
- Provides feedback to teams that maintain improvement tools.
- Expected to have excellent call handling and customer experience skills.
- Technicians need to have a strong appetite to learn as they are the first level support contact in all new product releases.
- Takes an average of over 60 inbound calls per week.
- Interacts with L1 technicians, Technical Analysts, AES Server management, KCS, Service Vendors, Logistics
- Works on customer technical issues that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Devises creative and innovative approaches where established criteria do not exist.
- Makes significant decisions having considerable impact on normal operations, profitability, or reputation of Dell.
- Must have competent knowledge of all Dell Platforms
- Be able to communicate effectively through written skills
Collaboration. Individual drive. A passion for technology. That's what success sounds like at Dell. It's this dedication to finding unique solutions that has given rise to many of our energy-smart, green initiatives. Sound like something you can get behind? Join our team, and you'll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who care about protecting our planet. Plus, you'll get the mentoring, support and training you need to succeed on your own terms.
Join Dell and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...