Job Title: Enterprise Test Analyst
Reports To: Lead Test Analyst
Department: Enterprise Testing & Business Continuity
Division: Information Technology
Target Salary: $47,632 - $59,779.20/year
FLSA Status: Exempt
Number of Openings: 1
Accepting Applications: 1/7/13 until filled
Summary: The Test Analyst will be required to gain understanding of the intended features and functionality of new applications and their enhancements, infrastructure upgrades or business process and procedure changes. Following a pre-determined methodology, the Test Analyst will be responsible for the documentation of test conditions, test scenarios and test scripts to prove that functional requirements are met, documenting defects as identified. Execution of test scripts may also be included. The Test Analyst will also gather data for test and assist with setup of test environments.
1. Prepare and maintain test conditions, test scenarios and test scripts that prove the system requirement under test and the expected results.
2. Identify and document defects found during system testing.
3. Follow a pre-defined testing methodology and format, including storing high quality and accurate documentation.
4. Attend requirements gathering and design sessions to gain understanding of intended system functionality and features.
5. Provide completion estimates to the Test Lead for project scheduling purposes.
6. Build a database of scenarios that represent both routine and exception processing that occurs within a specific line of business.
7. Maintain knowledge of both manual and automated testing; using automated testing tools to perform regressions tests.
8. Determine data needs, gather data and populate test regions for use during system and user acceptance testing.
9. Assist with synthetic data creation as needed within projects.
10. Maintain a positive working relationship with business users, seeking business knowledge to enable translation into test scenarios.Qu
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science required
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Must possess proven experience in software testing using a structured methodology
- Must be detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently with minimal instructions.
- Strong teamwork skills.
Test Analyst Skill Set
Microsoft Excel Required
Microsoft Word Required
Microsoft PowerPoint Required
Microsoft Visio Required
SDLC Testing Concepts Required
Defect Tracking Tool (e.g. Quality Center, Rational) Required
Testing Toolset Desired
DB2 on z/OS Optional
Certificates and Licenses :
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills and responsibilities required.
- International Software Testers Qualifications Board (ISTQB) certified preferred
- Certified Software Testing Professional (CSTP) certification preferred
- International Institute for Software Testing (IIST) certification preferred.
OPERS - 23 months ago