As Sr. Analyst, you will support and troubleshoot customers' highly complex technical issues within Virtualization utilizing sound judgment in order to resolve problems and offer recommendations. You will document problems, diagnostics, interactions, next steps, and solutions implementation in the solution support. This position reports to the Sr. Technical Manager.
- Make significant decisions having considerable impact on normal operations, profitability, and/or reputation.
- Provide telephone/email and remote diagnostic technical support of Dell Enterprise environments
- Verify warranty/support entitlement and determine appropriate action
- Apply diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions to correct failures
- Document problems, diagnostics, interactions, next steps, and solutions implementation in the solution support database
- Demonstrate case management skills for each customer/case by managing timelines, complexity, and communications; proactively involving escalated resources as needed; following up with customers to ensure a total solution to their technical issues has been achieved - complete ownership of issues from beginning to resolution
- Escalate issues, as appropriate, to the respective group for higher level technical support
- Assist customers by diagnosing problems and providing resolutions for technical and service issues
- Use troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify products that are defective and follow guidelines in issuing service calls/contacts
- Advise/educate customers within procedural guidelines to ensure a complete solution to their technical or service questions
- Identify and provide input on unique or recurring customer problems
- Utilize training to remain knowledgeable of Dell’s product line, processes, policies, current products, and new server-based solutions in order to expediently resolve customer issues
- 2 year minimum recent experience in providing technical support with relevant technologies
- Working knowledge of standard industry server hardware
- Competent knowledge of at least one of the following alternate operating systems: Linux, Novell, Xen, VMWare and moderate knowledge of Microsoft Operating System Analytical ability to gather and interpret data; ability to multi-task
- Analytical ability to gather and interpret data; ability to multi-task
- Basic knowledge of Dell Enterprise Hardware used in both Server and Workstation systems
- Industry-level certification: VCP or like certification
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...