The Disney culture is enchanting and unique, and we have found a kindred spirit in the living heritage and graceful rhythm of O'ahu. Planned upon 21 acres of oceanfront, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, will welcome Guests in true local fashion, calling on your natural passion and Aloha spirit to help us cultivate an experience that is upbeat, colorful and rooted in tradition. Here, you will form close connections with Cast Members and watch neighbors become friends. While our Guests take home happiness, the legends of O'ahu will become as much a part of them as they are of you.
Oversee Aulani Resort Entertainment experiences, including programs, activities and Entertainment product offerings for Guests of all ages. Scope of position includes Aulani Youth Activities programming for children and teens, Family and Adult program offerings, World-famous Disney Character experiences and site-specific Show content, Disney’s Photo Pass Operations, Resort Costuming, and Entertainment Technical Team.
Responsible for the management of Entertainment Departments that directly interface to deliver Entertainment activities, programs, product, and events at Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa.
- Work with Resort teams and mainland counterparts to continue to raise the bar on programs for toddlers, children, teens, families and adults. This includes identifying and helping to develop/implement new programs, refreshing existing ones and continually looking at ways to enhance the Entertainment experience to exceed Resort-wide Guest expectation.
- Champion Brand integrity and see that Disney-standard show quality is met with consistent content, delivery and monitoring/reporting.
- Partner and maintain open communications with other departments resort-wide to exceed Guest expectations and provide a seamless experience.
- Conduct regular meetings with teams to share information, gather ideas and suggestions to encourage their participation in the business, and motivate the Cast.
- Oversee the daily operation of all Entertainment/Programming spaces and the needs of Cast and teams in those venues.
- Works closely with all other Entertainment Managers, Resort Partners and outside vendors where applicable concerning Entertainment programs, activities, events and show-related content to seamlessly coordinate Entertainment experiences in cooperation with participating lines of business (i.e. Merchandise, Recreation, Front Desk, Engineering).
- Oversee the content development, editing, printing and distribution of the Resort’s weekly and daily Guest newsletter. Work with partners to gather timely Resort information and Guest-impact news.
- Oversee that hazardous materials are used and stored properly in operations under their control, including regular inventory and availability of MSDS.
- Actively engage audition partners to anticipate casting needs in a timely manner, taking into consideration rehearsal and preparation time to learn and apply show notes for performance readiness. Participate in the audition process to identify top talent consistent with Aulani-specific programming and content.
- Monitor integrity, safety and regulatory standards of conduct within department
- Partner with Resort departments to plan and execute special events.
- Oversee compliance of Hawaii Department of Human Services (HDHS) regulations in all Entertainment/Programming/Imaging spaces and take part in regular space inspections.
- Be fully conversant in HDHS regulations as they relate to Youth Activities and Programs and Resort Entertainment experiences. Ensure that Youth Activities spaces and all Entertainment venues have current checklists, training procedures, and operating guides that extend and apply knowledge base to entire department.
- Regularly monitor department budgets for tracking/reporting related to labor targets and operating expense. Identify budget efficiencies and see that expenditures add appropriate value to the Guest experience
- Responsible to produce maximum sales by driving Financial Objectives, Guest Satisfaction Ratings, and supporting Imaging staff excellence
- Excellent leadership experience with large teams and managing diverse areas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers, particularly Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel
- Disney Experience a plus
- 4 - 7 years experience in related area
- Excellent experience in Public Relationship and Guest Service
- New product development experience
- Experience in leading large teams and managing diverse areas
BS or BA in relevant field
EOE. Drawing Creativity from Diversity. ©Disney
Disney - 15 months ago