The Cadmus Group, Inc. seeks a highly-motivated entry-level professional to provide program support on energy efficient building technologies, policy, and energy performance rating systems for our clients at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. This position involves extensive work with EPA’s ENERGY STAR platform for commercial buildings. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented problem solver with strong analytical, communication and writing skills interested in a career in energy efficiency, energy education, and sustainability. The position also involves handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced consulting environment.
Responsibilities include providing technical support to organizations (in both the public and private sectors) and to service & product provider energy programs, working with standard software packages to benchmark building energy use such as EPA’s ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, creating and manipulating spreadsheets and databases, collecting and interpreting data, supporting training sessions (primarily online), and writing or editing reports, case studies, presentations and other documents.
• BS/BA in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Facility Management/Building Operations, Public Policy, Economics, Science or related area of study
• 0-2 years of related work or internship experience
• Proven analytical skills
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel including knowledge of or willingness to learn how to write macros (Visual Basic for Applications)
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, PowerPoint
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable presenting over the phone and in front of live audiences.
• Strong organizational abilities.
• Ability to work well independently and in teams
• Knowledge of EPA’s ENERGY STAR Commercial and Industrial Buildings Program and ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager
• Experience with all aspects of EPA’s ENERGY STAR program
• Familiarity with energy standards and codes, energy audits, greenhouse gas inventories, indoor environmental quality issues
• Familiarity with webinar platforms such as Webex or GoToMeeting, and computer programming languages (including the use of APIs to transfer data between software platforms)
• CEM and/or LEED AP
This position will be located in our Arlington, VA office.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
The Cadmus Group, Inc. - 8 months ago