This is an entry-level position that supports the project management of distribution and/or transmission pipeline projects, including the design, engineering, and technical support to Washington Gas internal and external customers.
Job Description - Requirements
- Supports the engineering and project management of replacement and/or relocation projects for the entire System Replacement area.
- Reviews engineering plans and designs submitted by various transportations agencies or external clients for conflicts with Washington Gas existing facilities.
- Assists in the coordination of replacement and/or rehabilitation projects with various transportation agencies, utility companies, and with other departments within Washington Gas.
- Supports the identification and prioritization of projects for replacement or rehabilitation based upon Washington Gas replacement programs and criteria, including providing sketch/map and scope of work for design and planning of replacement projects.
- Supports the acquisition and procurement of materials, as well as the engineering, design, and construction support services needed for the project.
- Utilizes Washington Gas applications/systems for the purpose of planning projects for pipeline replacement and/or relocation.
Washington Gas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required. Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Certificate as “Engineer-in-Training” (EIT) preferred.
- Working knowledge of construction practices and procedures as well as applicable codes and standards preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective relationships with business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to logically analyze and solve narrowly-defined business problems.
- Demonstrated ability to write and present diverse ideas logically and concisely.
- Proven ability to use computer hardware and software/applications for data manipulation, analysis, and presentations.
Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, or other legally protected status.
Washington Gas - 20 months ago