To be responsible for the voluntary collection of assigned accounts by means of telephone and written communications.
· Handle a high volume of incoming and outgoing telephone calls for balance liquidations, payment arrangements, and account follow-up.
· Effectively work accounts utilizing an automatic dialer system to generate collection recoveries.
· Maintain complete and accurate collection records on computer system.
· Analyze and interpret client-specific data and effectively communicate account history to debtors via telephone.
· Achieve unit standards and goals as designated by the unit manager regarding calls placed, as well as money and payment arrangements received.
· Accurately verify payment information for other collectors within unit.
· Work some evenings and weekends as assigned.
· Perform minor Skip Tracing duties to locate debtors that are unable to be located in the attempt to collect a debt.
· Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
· Ability to respond effectively to conflict.
· Ability to analyze and interpret data.
· Ability to perform in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to maintain complete and accurate records.
· Ability to be self-motivated.
· Excellent communication skills; oral and written.
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, maintain attention to detail, and recognize time constraints.
· Ability to remain flexible, firm and empathetic, and work as a team player.
· Ability to type utilizing a keyboard at a minimum of 25 wpm.
· Ability to sit for long periods of time.
· Comprehensive understanding of office policies and procedures.
Skills To Be Learned:
· Understanding of client-particular policies and procedures as it pertains to Debt Collections.
· Thorough working knowledge of the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act).
· Negotiation strategies and/or techniques.
Solomon and Solomon, P.C. - 12 months ago