This Sargent & Lundy position will offer you the opportunity to utilize and expand your academic background in engineering.
You will work on project teams with other engineers involved in nuclear power plant instrumentation and controls betterment projects.
Your responsibilities will include the preparation of specifications for procurement of instrumentation and controls equipment and related installation services, the preparation of engineering calculations and modification packages, control circuit designs, inter-discipline design coordination, and customer satisfaction.
You will work with experienced controls engineers who will mentor and train you in the execution of meaningful engineering assignments. Coupled with this on-the-job training, you will also attend a variety of in-house technical training sessions to increase your knowledge and skills in your engineering discipline.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to travel to client and vendor offices for design reviews and to the plant site locations for construction coordination and field verification of design.
This position requires the successful completion of a background investigation including a check of criminal records for nuclear plant access. Applicants must be able to obtain unescorted access to nuclear power facilities.
Essential skills and experience:
- This position requires a BSEE or MSEE from an ABET-accredited engineering program with a strong academic background and coursework in analog and digital control systems.
- An understanding of the practical application of instrumentation and controls engineering and technology including applying systems, principles, techniques, and procedures to a project design.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam, and designation as an Engineer in Training.
- Related engineering internship or co-op work experience.
Sargent & Lundy LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sargent & Lundy LLC offers equal employment opportunity without regard to race, gender, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis protected by applicable Federal, State or Local Fair Employment Law. EOE-M/F/D/V
For more than 100 years...
Sargent & Lundy has provided comprehensive consulting, engineering, design, analysis, and project services...