Make people think differently. |
Change the world with software.
Amaze us with what you can do.
ThoughtWorks isn’t your average company , so we don’t hire average people. We hire those who want to address challenging problems and explore new domains alongside equally intelligent and principled people.
We’re a global IT consulting firm with over 2,000 employees on six continents with no plans of stopping. We’ve made a name for ourselves during our 20 years of business. Our clients know that we’ll deliver amazing custom software and that we’ll never compromise on excellence. As we grow, we take extreme care to preserve our culture and the excitement of being a ThoughtWorker.
We’re more than just a consultancy — we’re a social community in which each individual brings a curiosity and passion for technology. The kind that makes learning 11 technologies in a week or writing an ant file from memory seem more like fun than work. This community thrives on continual learning, teaching, and knowledge sharing, so we’ve implemented a “no jerks allowed” policy. This is where YOU come in.
Our Junior Consultant program is a 12-month period of well-supported training and staffing out of either our Chicago or San Francisco office. Junior Consultants have the opportunity to travel all over the country and gain unparalleled experience on client sites. But, first things first -- The Junior Consultant program begins with new Junior ThoughtWorkers from all over the world gathering in India for “ThoughtWorks University,” a six-week training course. Those six weeks are devoted to a project simulation that prepares you for a delivery role on a real client project. Developers are immersed in an OO programming bootcamp, Quality Analysts are trained in agile testing, and everyone learns how to work collaboratively. Imagine discussing computability theory over fresh samosas then returning to the US as a ThoughtWorks consultant with the international connections.
As a Junior Consultant,
You’ll get to:
- Work alongside incredibly talented developers
- Tackle business-critical problems with custom-designed, multi-tier applications using a wide range of the very latest technologies
- Work in Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development best practices
- Work in an informal, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Kick-start your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path – one which focuses on your strengths rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
- Shape the future of ThoughtWorks by leading and/or contributing to communities within ThoughtWorks
- Freely voice your ideas and views as part of continuous open and passionate debate on every topic from the merits of Coffee Script to Cucumber
- Be a part of an organization that is as committed to social responsibility as it is to technology and innovation
- Desire to travel up to 80% across the US and Canada for work with ThoughtWorks
- A great attitude and hunger for learning
- Computer Science degree is great, but if you like to write clean code and love technology, we’re not going to rule you out for not having one
- Maximum of 1 year professional experience of working with an Object Orientated Language
- Understanding of analysis, design, coding and OO concepts
- A curiosity of software development practices, in particular Agile development practices.
- Collaborative and un-hierarchical work style. (Not sure if that’s you? Think back to your last project – how would the team describe working with you?)
- A willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. (So whether that means going back to the drawing board with a problem or simply taking on different roles and responsibilities for a time, you thrive at adapting to changing environments.)
If you have what it takes to be a ThoughtWorker, we cannot wait to meet you. We have some of the best and most qualified technologists on the planet in our ranks - Come join us!
IT services firm ThoughtWorks provides systems integration and application development services for large and multi-national companies...