Education and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering or Engineering Management required.
• MBA or MS in Industrial Engineering or Engineering Management preferred.
• Internship with industrial process engineering experience preferred.
• Understanding of Six Sigma, LEAN and 5S methodologies.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent planning, organizational, and analytical skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities.
• Strong multitasking skills. Comfortable working on several large projects simultaneously.
• Comfortable working and communicating with customer contacts, Insource supervisors, associates and management team.
• Strong computer experience using spreadsheet, word processing, and statistical software.
• Knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, and Lean production and quality methodologies.
• Self disciplined individual with strong work ethic. Self starter.
• Ability to identify problems and offer real world resolutions within constrained timelines.
• Ability to train new supervisors and employees while developing team work within new work cells.
• Abstract reasoning, flexibility in thinking, and an ability to visualize complex and innovative ideas.
• Thoroughness and attention to details, with an ability to adhere to a timeline to ensure success.
• Having a sense of urgency, without overlooking critical details.
• Strong team player.
• Must be able to travel to client sites 50%-75%.
The Performance Engineer will be responsible for performing engineering assessments of potential customer processes to assist in the development of process, pricing and Gross Margin calculation. Assessments should be performed using the DMAIC approach as defined in the Six Sigma process. The assessments will include an evaluation of the current process and a recommendation of a proposed Insource process. Both processes should be evaluated from a time measurement study to determine capacity and production levels. The Performance Engineer will also be responsible for the implementation of new accounts, as assigned to you by the company leadership. As the individual responsible for the implementation, they will be responsible for documentation of the "best practice" methods and training of the associates. The Performance Engineer will also be responsible for the process layout and design, as well as the performance and quality monitoring system. They will also be involved with current customers, evaluating Insource's current processes, using a Six Sigma approach, to achieve higher productivity and quality levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Travel to new client sites with sales representative to assess client's work site and rate job function for proposal to client. Complete Process Chart for current method and proposed method. Evaluate elimination and/ or combination, simplification of steps; reduction of delays and/or walk distances. Complete a department layout of current and proposed work area. Develop current and proposed staffing. Show improvements to work flow and line balancing. Make note of any barriers to productivity and evaluate Insource's ability to control/overcome these barriers.
• Develop standard of work and supervisor strategy. Document work methods. Develop "Client Book". Standard of work should include flow diagram for training of associates to illustrate best practices for each position.
• Document the observed rates, production history provided by client and estimated production rates for Insource solution.
• Assist in the client implementation start up; provide training and orientation of preferred methods, train site Performance Supervisors on Insource procedures, systems and management strategies.
• Reengineer layout to maximize efficiencies. Develop quality and production monitoring tools utilizing visual basic model.
• Develop model for "piece pay" plan based on individual performance and quality utilizing the established engineering standards and goals with the preferred process.
• Provide cost analysis and make process improvements for projects at existing customer sites as needed using traditional time study and pre-determined time standards such as MOST.
• Evaluate and re-engineer work methods and quality at client sites, using Six Sigma approach and tools to increase productivity and quality.
• Develop site specific Performance Supervisor Key Activity Check List and management strategies.
• Utilize statistical tools such as Pareto Charts, Histograms, Cause & Effect Diagrams. Create a Value Stream Map or Flow Diagram of process to identify critical to quality points. Develop Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) of the process being evaluated to quantify impact.
• From time to time, work as "substitute" Performance Manager at sites as needed. Manage minute to minute operations. Monitor individual and group productivity and quality. Respond and react to customer requirements.
Insource Performance Solutions - 10 months ago