Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is an international consulting firm with a mission to create active communities where bicycling and walking are safe, healthy, fun, and normal daily activities. We specialize in bicycle, pedestrian, trail, park, greenway, and roadway planning, design, and implementation in addition to outreach and education programs.
This position is responsible for contributing to the production of high-quality materials, reports and other deliverables in support of project objectives.
A general understanding of the field of urban planning, the ability to collaborate across discipline boundaries to support the delivery of solutions which meet client expectations is required in order to successfully meet the requirements of this position.
The essential priorities of this exempt, salaried position are to:
RESPONSIBILITIES + TASKS
- Contribute to the production of high-quality plans, reports and analyses.
- Contribute to public outreach and other project deliverables.
Additional responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Contributing to field investigations and site analyses.
- Contributing to research activities in support of project planning deliverables. May include formatting documents and contributing to the development of presentation materials.
- Contributing to the development, editing and production of newsletters, final reports, memos and workshop materials.
- Collecting data and contributing to the production of maps for field work, public input, client meetings and project display boards and reports.
This position requires a combination of skills, experience and education including, but not limited to:
PREFERRED SKILLS + CERTIFICATIONS
- Passion for active living and non-motorized transportation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning or a related field of study.
- One (1) or more years of experience in a consulting environment or public entity.
- General understanding of, and interest in the field of active, non-motorized transportation.
- General understanding of the planning process and GIS.
- Exhibits initiative and the ability to work with supervision.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple simultaneous projects, if necessary.
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibits accuracy, attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- General understanding of MS Excel, Word, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar products.
There are a number of additional skills, experience and education that would be beneficial to this position including, but not limited to:
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS, Spatial Analyst, Network Analyst, or similar products.
- Working knowledge of US Census information with GIS
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities in order to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Alta Planning + Design is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.