Join the crew at PayScale, a compensation analytics company for individuals and businesses. PayScale is an energetic, high growth company located in Pioneer Square, Seattle. We have exciting products and fun challenges to solve, that is, if you are a data geek like us. We have more than 2,500 customers and millions of consumers who use our website and SaaS-based products. We need your help to take PayScale to the next level.
Tired of big company bureaucracy? Scared of joining a startup? We're not as risky as a startup but not as stodgy as a big company either.
Our software is disrupting the compensation world with a new, modern approach to salary data analysis. In our award-winning Pioneer Square office space, we maintain a fun, supportive, laid-back work environment. We pay well and we work hard, but smart. We also provide competitive vacation and flex time because we understand you have a life outside of the office. Come to a place where your ideas are valued, your voice is heard and your work has an immediate impact.
We are looking for an entry level platform engineer to join our team. The engineer will actively participate in the design and development of next generation big data management, storage and analytics and reporting of the PayScale platform. We’re actively moving towards open-source solutions including: MongoDB, HBase, RabbitMQ, Memcached, Elasticsearch, Xen, and others.
PayScale is a great opportunity to work and learn alongside experts in big data, distributed systems, machine learning, search, and econometrics. Join our team and help us revolutionize the way in which compensation is measured, analyzed, and predicted.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- 6 months-1 year of object-oriented programming experience (e.g. Java, Scala, C#, Smalltalk). Today we’re using mostly C#.
- 6 months-1 year of SQL programming experience (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL). Today we’re using SQL Server.
- Shipped at least one “product” to end users who had a choice about whether to use the product.
- Exposure to multithreaded programming.
- Likes working with a team but is capable of working independently with some guidance.
- Able to explain technical concepts to developers and project managers.
- Comfortable with mathematics (including statistics). Data analysis and/or visualization experience is a plus.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Exposure to scripting languages (e.g. Python, Ruby). Today we’re using Python and the R statistical language.
- Exposure to functional programming languages (e.g. Haskell, Clojure, OCaml), because it makes you a better programmer.
PayScale, Inc. - 11 months ago