Dewberry is currently seeking an exceptional civil engineering candidate to serve as a water resources engineer for floodplain studies and related projects. Candidates will create and analyze hydrologic and hydraulic models and computations for floodplain studies, BMP design, watershed master planning and related projects. Candidates will conduct modeling, analysis, and floodplain delineations using GIS-based engineering and mapping tools.
- Conduct hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, using a variety of techniques and models (e.g. HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, XP-SWMM)
- Prepare written reports, such as study narratives documenting floodplain studies
- Support other water resources, site civil, disaster, emergency management, and mitigation planning projects, as assigned
- Perform quality reviews of H&H studies performed by other Engineers or contractors
Required Skills & Required Experience:
*Dewberry is an equal opportunity employer.
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) is preferred, or abilitiy to obtain within 6 months
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering (or related Engineering field), with an emphasis in Water Resources is preferred
- 0-2 years of water resources-related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of hydrology and open channel hydraulics
- Knowledge/experience with current ESRI ArcGIS and mapping software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in basic MS Office software
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
Dewberry - 2 years ago