Yusen Logistics (Americas) provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the worlds most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most ethical and sustainable companies.
SUMMARY: Responsible for correct customs entries for clearance of in-bound cargo through U.S. Customs and facilitating delivery of freight to customers. The Entry Writer is responsible for providing top notch customer service with continual improvement in mind.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Prioritize, organize and complete tasks in a timely manner
· Entry processing – 5 days prior to arrival or w/I 24 hours of receipt
· Issuance of delivery orders – w/I same day of entry processing
· Billing – accurate and timely – Billed same day sent w/I 48 hours
· OGA processing – 5 days prior to arrival or w/I 24 hours of receipt
· Freight Release – before vessel arrival or w/I 24 hours of receipt. (obl&$)
· Determine proper, legal duty rates
· Continued education of import processes, CBP and OGA Regulations
· Interface with Customs and other government agencies.
· Assist with the creation of client sops
· Ensure maximum customer service satisfaction through interaction with clients and other company business unit
· Ensure compliance of CHB/CBP policies, procedures and regulations
· Communicate effectively with Supervisors, Management, colleagues, Internal and external customers.
· Participate and Maintain team-work and a friendly work environment
· Recommend solutions to simplify and expedite cargo flow
· Process entries and follow up on clearances in a timely manner
· Participate in Pride teams
· Post entry work as needed
· File audits
· Staff backup
· Assist with training and education of fellow staff, customers and other biz units
· Increase profit – Cargo insurance, “best in class service”, profit mark up etc
Education and Experience: High School Diploma, plus 3-5 years’ experience and/or training as an entry writer or in customs broker operation and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be teachable and eager to learn.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 16 months ago