Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future!
The Sea Breeze landfill is looking to hire and train good employees to become heavy equipment operators!
Check out this video direct from one our employees : http://www.wasteconnections.com/misc/employment.aspx
~Waste Connections, Inc hires safety driven people!~
DAILY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Operates graders for leveling and operates compactors.
- Operates backhoe and front end loaders as required.
- Operates various equipment for general site preparation, landscaping, snow removal, and related assignments.
- Performs routine inspection and maintenance on equipment such as checking oil, water, and tires.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work Monday thru Friday 6am to 5:30pm plus every other Saturday.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Must have some prior experience running small equipment such as Dozer or a Dump truck.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment. Will provide training.
- Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water levels.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
- Work involves constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, bio hazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions..
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V.)
Waste Connections - 9 months ago
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...