We Have Something Special Inside, Do You?
Do you want to add to the capacity of Dannon’s Environmental Sustainability area and get a hands-on learning experience? If yes, then Dannon has an exciting opportunity as an Environmental Sustainability intern.
This intern will be responsible for managing and completing, at least one project related to Dannon’s environmental sustainability strategy and carbon footprinting initiatives. Additional projects are likely. The internship dates are flexible, it typically runs from June 3, 2013 to August 9, 2013 but a candidate can start earlier if desired. Position will be located in our corporate headquarters in White Plains, NY.
In this role, you will be accountable for:
•Supporting the Environmental Sustainability Manager by managing and completing the following key deliverables:
i. Dannon’s Mid-Year Carbon Footprinting Assessment using Excel and SAP-based systems: Work with cross functional teams to:
a) assess feasibility of carbon- projects projected at start of year;
b) calculate and capture projects’ carbon impacts within two technical tools;
c) run mid-year projection of estimated landing for 2013;
d) develop slides to highlight cross-functional projects; changes in beginning of year projections, and graphs to show mid-year and end year projected carbon footprint landings
• Working with cross functional teams to acquire needed quantitative data/project results and supporting qualitative project descriptions
•Completing necessary calculations (e.g. work with Packaging team to calculate carbon impact of change in material to recyclable content, removal of overwrap, light-weighting of material)
•Developing PowerPoint slides with easy to understand language for both (above noted) deliverables. Deliverables are reviewed by internal “Green Team” (Cross functional team focused on environmental strategic initiatives within Dannon) and Management Team (Executive Team at Dannon).
The ideal candidate will:
• Be pursuing a Masters Degree in Business and/or Environmental Sustainability (ES) or similar
•Have passion for/commitment to Environmental Sustainability’s role within business (displayed by past projects, areas of study, volunteer work etc)
•Have prior Environmental Sustainability/Business-related experience/project work
• Have established knowledge of key environmental/business industry terminology (e.g. “carbon footprinting, renewable energy, sustainable packaging” etc.)
• Be able to handle working with highly confidential information
• Have a strong interest in food/beverage industry; additional interest/experience within one area of business value chain, a plus (e.g. sustainable agriculture, supply chain, packaging, retail, marketing –related to environmental sustainability)
• Have strong people skills and be able to build relationships across the company
• Have intermediate or advanced level of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
•Be able to translate quantitative data into easy-to-understand language
• Have strong multi-tasking abilities: e.g. ability to work on one main project and multiple side projects, while meeting all requested deadlines
•Have superior attention to details
The Dannon Company is a division of Danone, a Fortune 500 company and one of the most successful healthy food companies in the world with leading positions in four businesses: fresh dairy products, water, baby nutrition and medical nutrition. Danone’s mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Our core values foster individual professional growth. We reward entrepreneurialism and innovation. There truly is something very special inside our company. You can see it reflected in our people, our products and our culture. If you like what you have learned, we encourage you to apply and learn more.
Stay updated with our latest job opportunities: Follow us on Facebook, http://on.fb.me/dannon-internships
The Dannon Company is an equal opportunity employer.
The Dannon Company strives to help people grow, live better and get more out of life through tastier, more varied and nutritional food...