Under the general direction of the Senior EHS Manager, the EHS Specialist is responsible for supporting environmental, health and safety activities at Purdue Pharmaceuticals L.P. to ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations. The EHS Specialist administers programs that protect the health and safety of employees, agents and visitors, and the facility environment.
1. Support of classic EHS programs including but not limited to the following:
1. Contractor Safety Program 3. Hot Work Program 5. Machine Guarding
2. Lockout Tagout Program 4. Electrical Safety Program 6. Confined Space
2. Provide EHS training to site personnel to achieve and maintain compliance.
3. With the guidance and oversight of the Sr. Manager, EHS, review, update and implement EHS programs as needed based on regulatory requirements and site changes. Critical site programs include but are not limited to respiratory protection, emergency response, chemical hygiene plan, bloodborne pathogens, potent compound handling, accident reporting and hazardous waste disposal.
4. Provide support to site safety committee and first aid team. Conduct routine facility tours to verify workplace safety and EHS compliance, and track inspection observations to completion.
5. Work with pharmaceutical technology and other site personnel to ensure new products are introduced to the facility safely and with minimal employee industrial hygiene exposures and process safety hazards.
6. Responsible for chemical safety programs, including chemical hazard evaluations, handling, storage and disposal.
7. Maintain the site Personnel Protective Equipment Program and perform PPE Hazard Assessments as needed.
8. Maintain the site Hazard Communication Program including Safety Data Sheets.
9. Support the site environmental programs including but not limited to the following:
1. Air Permitting 3. Waste Water Permitting 5. Hazardous Waste
2. Right-to-Know Reporting 4. SPCC Compliance 6. Underground Storage Tanks
A B.S in occupational health and safety, a health-related science, or engineering; and a minimum of 3 years of EHS experience in a manufacturing environment including a minimum of 1 year EHS experience in a pharmaceutical environment is required.
Required Experience & Technical Requirements
Requirements involve an in-depth knowledge of current government regulations regarding safety and environmental compliance, safe work practices, hazardous and non-hazardous materials identification, control, handling and disposal methods, occupational health issues and fire prevention methodsBrief Description/Overview:
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its associated U.S. companies are known for pioneering research on the principal cause of human suffering: chronic pain. Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, it is one of the fastest-growing pharmaceutical companies in the world today. Purdue Pharma has led the battle against inadequate treatment of pain by developing long-acting pain-control medications that are prescribed by healthcare professionals around the world. As the sponsor of Partners Against Pain, the company provides community outreach and educational programs to encourage the therapeutic alliance of patients, their families, caregivers, and healthcare professionals.
Benefits: Purdue offers a wide range of competitive benefits to all full-time employees. Our benefit package includes a variety of benefit programs to provide for the health, welfare and financial security of our employees and their families.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce, M/F/D/V. Corporate standards require pre-employment drug testing and background investigation.
If you are interested in a specific open position, you must apply online by visiting our website at www.purduepharma.com. No hard copy resumes will be considered.
Purdue Pharma L.P. - 19 months ago