This role will provide support to the EHS Team and employees with the goal of creating and maintaining the company Safety and Environment values and programs.
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
- Maintenance, development and implementation of Safety Environment & Quality programs, compliance plans, and initiatives focused
around company Safety & Environment values, goals, objectives, and
various regulations including OHSAS 18001.
- Manage EHS equipment approval, selection and master lists in coordination with procurement
- Coordinate and support staff functions and office EHS programs including ergonomics
- Work with facilities on building and vehicle EHS
- Administer fleet safety programs
- Participate in the investigation of incidents, near misses.
- Support Procurement process by technical review and developing new site plans
- Administer company training system to coordinate and track all EHS training
- Support regions/locations in developing custom training as required.
- Coordinate Safe Behavior program across North America.
- Coordinate various company safety initiatives for North America Area.
- Support risk assessment process and manage risk assessments for staff functions.
- Acts with integrity in all EHS matters to maintain Safety & Environment compliance and excellence
- Coordinate Safety & Environment internal and regulatory reporting including data collection and reporting for construction sites and North America Area.
- Coordinate and monitor the selection, training, and use of PPE as needed
- Maintain office emergency action plan and provide training as needed
- Provide information and assist in the development of budget forecasts, schedules and associated cost information and labor allocations
- Special Projects as Required including Coordination of and/or participate in various company Safety & Environment initiatives.
- BS in Health and Safety or related work experience
- Minimum of 1-4 years of related experience
- Superior communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills required
- Physical Activities: Talking, hearing, near acuity, handling and fingering.
- Mental Functions: Comparing, copying, calculating, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
- Exerts up to 50 lbs. occasionally, 20 lbs. of frequently, and/or 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and database applications (SAP a plus)
- Ability to be on call or work off hours as needed
- Availability for local, domestic and international travel; up to 25%
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with, safety management systems/quality systems, or work with a process based production environment a plus
- Ability to be on your feet walking around the facility at least 50% of the day. Climb ladders/stairs and lift as required to perform necessary job tasks.
If interested please email resume to EGPNA.HRRecruiting1@enel.com with EHS in the subject line. This is a project based assignment; please include your hourly rate.
Enel - 21 months ago