This position is designed for an entry-level engineering graduate who is interested in pursuing a career in Environmental, Health, Safety and Security with a large multi-national chemical and specialty materials manufacturer. The successful candidate will begin in Pittsfield, MA and will provide analyst support for, and be mentored by, functional experts on the SABIC Americas Regional EHSS team for approximately 2 years. The candidate then will advance their EHSS career by pursuing a higher level EHSS role at one of the more than 15 SABIC manufacturing facilities across the Americas region.
- Assist senior staff with the data analysis, compilation, and reporting, development of internal training packages, audit protocols and scheduling, industry research and benchmarking, and communication of EHSS and Sustainability related best-practices across multiple manufacturing facilities.
- Conduct QA/QC of the EHSS database and prepare monthly EHSS performance reports for the Americas region, including incident and Sustainability data. Additionally, will conduct analysis of incident and Sustainability data to identify critical trends and themes which may be focus areas for continual improvement.
- Assist senior staff with the development of knowledge transfer systems utilizing SharePoint and other electronic library and database systems to organize and archive critical project and technical information to allow it to be easily accessed by other internal stakeholders.
- Working under the guidance of a senior EHSS staff member, participate in EHSS audits of SABIC facilities against applicable regulatory requirement and SABIC management system standards and policies. Periodic travel within the Americas region is required.
Education & Training:
- You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
- You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (i.e., Chemical, Mechanical, Environmental, etc.) or related science or technology.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong organizational focus, with keen attention to detail and project milestones.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as a member of structured and ad-hoc teams to complete work assignments
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical information in a simple manner
- Proficiency with electronic databases, spreadsheets, presentation and word processing software.
- No industry related work experience is required.
SABIC Innovative Plastics - 5 months ago
SABIC Innovative Plastics is a leading, global supplier of engineering thermoplastics with a 75-year history of breakthrough solutions that...