This position coordinates Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) programs for the MDC and Louisville facilities to reduce the risk of injuries, environmental releases and to maintain regulatory compliance. This position implements EHS/LP management systems and programs, so that activities are effectively managed, continuously improved and aligned with regulations and Textron operations. This position provides EHS/LP oversight and specialized technical assistance where required. As a secondary responsibility, this position will provide EHS/LP assistance to other Business Unit facilities, when available and as needed.
Performs Textron and government required EHS reporting
- Continuously improve EHS performance and EHS/LP policies, standards, guidelines, programs and management systems.
- Provide technical support and regulatory interpretation on EHS matters, includingEHS/LP laws and regulations as well as Company policies, standards, guidelines, and goals.
- Consults and advises the organization concerning site EHS policies, Management Systems and risks that may require management attention and action.
- Monitors and analyzes key EHS performance metrics to measure progress and trends. Advises the Site Manager and EHS Council on performance improvements.
- Maintains the site EHS/LP training plan and programs and provides training to employees at all levels of the organization
- Participates in EHS subcommittees, team audits, and incident investigations
- Conducts EHS/LP audits and inspections to provide assurance that management systems are in place and the facility is in compliance with all laws, regulations and company policies.
- Creates and maintains EHS Management System documentation.
- Ensures good communication of safety matters across the site
- Stays current on safety and environmental technical and regulatory issues.
- Acts as liaison between the site and the Textron & BU EHS Departments and other sites
- Member of the Site and Business Unit EHS Councils
- Assures that required EHS/LP records and documents are maintained
- Performs all tasks in accordance with Textron’s Business Conduct Guidelines.
- Travel up to 30%.
- 6 – 10 years safety, health and environmental experience in manufacturing and distribution center operations with high performance safety cultures.
- Knowledgeable of EHS management philosophy required to drive premier performance.
- Knowledgeable in the technical fundamentals of safety management and risk assessments and reduction, including machinery & process safety, industrial hygiene, loss prevention, ergonomics and occupational health.
- Experienced at leading a formal environmental, health and safety management system.
- Knowledgeable in local safety, health and environmental laws and regulations
- Knowledgeable in the fundamentals of fire protection and loss prevention engineering
- Excellent presentation and training skills
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing/continuous improvement processes
- High level of professional and personal conduct
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self motivated, requiring limited oversight
- Skilled at using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
A bachelor’s degree in Health and Safety or Environmental or related technical discipline is required. Certification as a Safety Professional is preferred.
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Environmental, Health & Safety
May 17, 2012, 4:02:45 PM