A123 Systems is recruiting for an Associate EHS Specialist for the Waltham, Ma facility. The primary focus of this position is ensuring Massachusetts facility wide compliance with applicable federal, state and municipal EHS regulatory requirements for manufacturing and Research & Development (R&D) operations. The candidate in this position will assist in the development and implementation of EHS programs and provide guidance related to employee health and safety, as well as environmental compliance and performance.
- Assistant in developing, maintaining and continuously improving safety and environmental programs to ensure compliance with OSHA, NFPA, EPA and MassDEP requirements.
- Complete annual reports, filings, and other documentation as required by state, federal, and local government agencies to maintain compliance.
- Participate in job hazard analyses for R&D and manufacturing operations.
- Participate in developing and maintaining a training matrix for all tasks and employees.
- Support EHS training programs and provide training to employees as required by regulations, internal procedures and best practices.
- Participate in the investigation of accidents and incidents to determine cause and recommend measures to prevent future occurrences.
- Participate in monthly safety audits at each facility and prepare reports of findings with recommendations for corrective actions.
- Participate in/lead the development of lockout/tagout procedures for servicing and maintenance of equipment.
- Perform monthly inspections of fire protection equipment, spill kits, and first aid supplies.
- Perform monitoring for noise levels, hazardous chemicals, electrical safety, etc., to ensure worker safety and compliance with industrial hygiene and safety regulations.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with regards to storage and disposal of hazardous materials and hazardous waste.
- Support the respiratory protection program including training, fit testing and ongoing monitoring.
- Work with vendors/Consultants to maintain appropriate PPE, signage, ect. for all MA facilities.
- Participate in the MA facilities Hazard Communication Program and MSDS database.
- Develop, update and maintain chemical inventories for R&D laboratories.
- Assist in the implementation of emergency response plans, including evacuation plans, fire prevention plans and spill control plans.
- Participate on the emergency response teams.
- B.S. in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related field with 1-3 years of experience in safety, preferably within a manufacturing or R&D environment.
- Industrial hygiene experience desirable.
- Knowledge of government regulations for employee safety, occupational health and environmental issues.
- Experience with lockout/tagout.
- Previous safety training experience a plus.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and training skills.
- Computer literate: able to generate reports and spreadsheets using Microsoft Word and Excel; able to use PowerPoint to create/modify safety presentations and training courses.
NEC Energy Solutions, Inc. - 14 months ago
A123 Systems wants to get everyone all charged up over electric vehicles -- as long as they use its rechargeable lithium-ion batteries. The...