WE’RE LOOKING FOR AN
ENVIRONMENTAL AND SAFETY EXPERT
Are you a passionate environmental and safety professional looking for an opportunity to provide value to a global organization? If so, we have a new opportunity that you may be interested in that will allow you to utilize your substantial experience and leadership abilities.
As an industry-leading designer, manufacturer, and integrator of precision motion control products and systems for the aircraft industry, Moog takes the quality and reliability of our products very seriously. Just as important to us is our commitment to the protection of the environment and the safety of our people.
We are looking for someone who is as equally passionate as we are to work with our Aircraft Group’s domestic and international sites to insure they have the necessary tools, resources and information to maintain compliance with applicable government, corporate and customer requirements.
Here’s what you can expect:
What’ll we’ll need from you:
- You’ll be relied on to interpret laws, evaluate manufacturing operations, and propose practical solutions that have minimal impact on production
- Our site managers are accountable for compliance at their location. You’ll be advising them on best practices and providing them with a framework for both environmental compliance and safety initiatives
- Unlike many consulting roles where you lay out a plan and then aren’t around to see the success of it, you’ll be maintaining an ongoing relationship with each site after the implementation of your plan and will get to enjoy the fruit of your labor
- You’ll have an opportunity to travel and work with leaders at our international sites
When appropriate, you can expect us to provide significant relocation support
- A BS or BA degree in the field of engineering, law, other related area. You should also have current professional environmental and/or safety certification
- 10 years of experience in the field of environmental/safety engineering & compliance coupled with project management and leadership background
- Proven competence in US environmental and safety regulations (40 and 29 CFR). Solid understanding of CWA, CAA, OSHA, RCRA
- Familiarity with Foreign environmental and safety principles and directives such as REACh, WEEE and global standards such as GHS and ISO 14001 is desirable
- The ability to frequently travel international and domestically (about 8-12 trips per year)
- Integrity and professionalism, and the ability to develop strong partnerships with any level of the organization
We work on some of the world’s most exciting technical projects, creating products that challenge the limits of what’s possible,...