Aggregate Industries is an international construction and building materials corporation. The company operates four regional businesses in the U.S., including Meyer Material Company, which serves Illinois and Wisconsin and specializes in ready-mix concrete and aggregates. The business was formed from several key acquisitions beginning in the late 1980’s. This position will be located in Addison, TX.
- Responsible for administration and maintenance of the Environmental regulations for Aggregate Industries, State and Federal
- Provides functional and technical expertise to the employees of the company
- Performs audits and maintains database of trainings and audits.
- Responds to inquires/audits from the state and federal agencies
- Provides guidance to management team on environmental issues and compliance regulations
- Audits plants for compliance with governmental regulations and Aggregate Industries Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Ensures accuracy of system data
- Prepares accurate reporting as required by environmental regulatory requirements
- Promotes safety, compliance and environmental requirements in alignment with company standards.
- Understands and communicates environmental regulatory requirements information to encourage compliance.
Aggregate Industries places a high priority on attracting quality people and retaining them by providing competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a safe, respectful work environment. We are committed to providing development opportunities for all of our employees, while emphasizing teamwork to achieve a common goal. Whenever possible, we promote qualified employees to new or vacated positions, providing for a multitude of growth opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Sciences or other related discipline or equivalent experience
- Engineering degree preferred
- Additional Compensation, Benefits, Employment, Organization Development training desirable
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in environmental compliance management and experience in auditing to the ISO 14001 standard
- Experience with database design and implementation as well as web-based applications
- Strong knowledge/familiarity with the environmental regulatory requirements and governing bodies including EPA, SERC, SARA, Title V, SPCC, and NPDES
- Strong organizational skills/attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects/priorities
- Strong customer focus and sense of urgency to business needs
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including experience presenting technical information, explaining concepts and providing instructions and coaching in a user-friendly manner
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application in confident online by clicking on this link below:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Monster - 14 months ago