1. Manage Corporate Environmental training program, manage storm water program and the drinking water program.
2. Perform environmental audits and complete Federal Form R’s (part of EPCRA, a federal statute).
3. Manage specific wastewater issues and manage underground storage tank program.
4. Manage Universal Waste Program.
5. Process environmental invoices for Foster Farms plants.
6. Coordinate emergency response actions.
7. Evaluate environmental programs to ensure their effectiveness thereby minimizing compliance costs and corporate liability.
8. Evaluate waste management practices, eliminate wastes where possible, and find low-cost, legal methods for disposing of wastes that cannot be eliminated.
9. Evaluate and modify (as needed) current operating practices to protect the environment and reduce liability (e.g., institute diesel tank inspection program).
Provide Foster Farms’ personnel with guidance on miscellaneous issues (e.g., mosquito abatement).
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Biological Science, or related discipline.
2. Seven years of professional experience, at least four years working in the planning, development and implementation of corporate-wide environmental compliance and training programs.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are critical to the successful performance of the EAPM’s duties.
4. Education & experience must clearly show the existence of specialized knowledge in three or more of the following specialties:
5. Air quality, wastewater, hazardous materials, hazardous waste, pesticide safety, site remediation, underground storage tanks, drinking water, stormwater, or emergency response.
6. Knowledge of federal, state and local environmental laws, regulations, and standards.
7. Must work well with other people both internally and externally.
8. Must contribute to strategic planning processes to facilitate corporate projects.
9. Verify data accuracy in all programs and manage data and record keeping.
Foster Farms - 16 months ago
It doesn't matter if Henny Penny is having hot flashes, Foster Poultry Farms never uses hormones (nor does it inject salt water into...