Environmental Analyst (Job Number: 320731)
SAIC is seeking a Natural Resources Acoustics Analyst to support the US Fleet Forces Command in Norfolk, VA.
The analyst will:
- Analyze impacts of USN sound-in-the-water operations on marine resources and generate required regulatory reports on environmental compliance.
- Review USN environmental planning and compliance documents (e.g., NEPA EIS, EO 12114 OEIS, ESA BA, MMPA LOA, CZMA CD, essential fish habitat assessments) for accuracy and completeness.
- Other duties as designated in support of environmental training operations.
- Experience working with in a multi-disciplinary team that may include preparing and reviewing environmental assessments, environmental impact statements, field studies, and surveys to support USN exercises.
- Knowledge of marine physics-of-sound, effects of military operations on the marine environment.
- Knowledge of primary environmental laws, regulations, statutes, and DoN and DoD policies applicable to USN training activities (e.g., NEPA, ESA, MMPA, CZMA, EO 12114, Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act).
- Experience analyzing implications of new acoustic and ecological research on marine mammals, fish, and other marine species to ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, and natural resource management policy applicable to naval training exercises.
- Knowledge of modeling of acoustic effects of sonar, explosives, or munitions on the marine environment.
- Prior military experience in anti-submarine warfare (ASW) desired.
Education requirements: BS degree in Marine Biology, Physics, Oceanography, Natural Science, Physical Science, or related discipline and a minimum of 5 years experience analyzing effects of sound-in-the-water on the marine environment
Clearance Requirements: Must possess Active Secret Clearance to be considered.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Jan 17, 2013, 2:35:36 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-NORFOLK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...