We are seeking an Environmental Engineer who is experienced in environmental and hazardous materials transportation, with demonstrated experience assessing compliance, training others and developing and implementing compliant solutions to common regulatory problems across the Moog facilities which may include international sites.
You will have the opportunity to:
Work closely with various site personnel to insure facilities are implementing business practices that are in line with the Corporate expectations.
Independently plan, schedule and implement training and assessments in support of any size facility with minimal oversight from environmental compliance director.
Principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Coordinate and conduct field assessments of environmental issues to ensure operational activities are consistent with the needs of the organization and requirements of Government and the Company. Evaluate compliance status, determine level of risk for gaps, prioritize gaps and propose solutions which can be implemented to close compliance gaps.
2. Provide technical guidance to facilities in matters of Environmental and Hazardous Materials Transportation. Assist sites in the selection and implementation of compliant processes and programs.
3. Develop new training and compliance tools for improving functionality and efficiency of the Environmental Engineering Department and Business Groups and lead in the implementation of such projects.
4. Review and analyze environmental documentation issued by the regulatory agencies. Determine impact on company operations and publish compliance strategies and requirements.
5. Instruct and guide site on chemical spill clean-up methods, tools, chemical and facility hazards, spill reporting to assure chemical spills are properly remediated, documented and reported to the necessary authorities.
6. Guide sites through the processes of selecting certified United Nations (UN) compliant packaging for hazardous materials shipments, permits, package tests and shipper requirements to enable sites to ship deliverable (e.g. hardware) in compliance.
7. Participates within acquisition transition teams, documents environmental property conditions and compliance status of new/closing facilities.
Additional requirements include, but are not limited to:
• Ability and flexibility to travel domestically and internationally, on short notice.
• Support Moog facilities 24/7 as needed for emergency compliance.
• Must be able to climb ladders and work around hazardous chemicals.
• Possess a hands-on work ethic.
Education / Experience required:
BS degree in engineering, environmental, chemical, civil or related degree with 6 years of experience.
Specific Regulatory background required (all):
• Proven capabilities/competencies in hazardous and universal waste management at a related manufacturing facility
• Proven capabilities in responding to, clean-up of and reporting chemical spills
• Proven experience with water discharges permits, air emission controls, chemical use permits, government agencies, classifying explosives for shipments.
• Must have current certification and have taught hazardous waste management and transportation of hazardous materials by ground, air and marine.
• Must be able to effectively communicate, listen, comprehend and influence senior site managers’ decision making and process implementation through demonstrating technical knowledge and resourceful problem solving.
• Must have experience with teaching using adult learning principles, the creation/development of new regulatory training courses and experience with software programs such as Mind Map, Articulate, PowerPoint, etc.
Moog, Inc - 18 months ago