VERTEX is looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial individual who welcomes the challenge of running an office, conducting business development and providing senior oversight and mentoring of staff. VERTEX is a rapidly growing, multi-national consulting firm that is experiencing exponential growth, and we’re looking to augment our team of talented individuals! Do you enjoy travelling, meeting new people and building solid business relationships? Do you enjoy using a wide variety of technological resources to meet client goals and expectations as well as improve inter-office efficiency? Are you looking for a fast-paced atmosphere, dedicated to exceeding client expectations of excellence? Are you looking for a company that believes in promoting from within, and the only limitation is defined by you? If so, this is the right career for you!
The Division Manager we are looking for will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks within the Division, including but not limited to: Business Development, providing oversight and direction/mentoring for junior staff, Senior Review and communication with clients, assisting Senior Management in establishing the client base for the region, working and collaborating with senior managers from around the country, and project related work. More specific details are described below.
Environmental Division Manager
Provide senior project management and review for multiple projects; provide oversight and direction to team staff
- Represent VERTEX to its clients in a professional manner
- Provide support to Vice President
- Manage multiple projects within budget and client billing
- Provide direction to junior level staff in completion of the above
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy
- Senior review and submission of final reports.
- Experience in providing Senior Review for technical report deliverables
- Seek opportunities to expand client services with existing and new clients as part of ongoing business development
- Experience in the management and execution of Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, Property Condition Assessments, Phase II Subsurface Investigations and Remediation
- Versatility to navigate regulatory requirements in a multitude of state and federal programs
- Knowledgeable about scopes of work, including ASTM, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and subcontractors
- Able to work with minimal oversight
- Track time from staff (weekly timesheet management)
- Train new staff as needed
- Other project duties as assigned by senior staff
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, environmental-related field (i.e.: Geology, Environmental Science, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering, etc.)
Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of ten years experience in technical and project management activities directly related to environmental assessment and remediation activities, including report writing and field investigation, and a proven track record of sales and marketing
- Proven track record of Business Development
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required.
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain
- Carry field testing equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites with regularity
For consideration, submit resume to: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=5372921
- Position requires Health & Safety Certification pursuant to OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120
- Working towards a Professional Registration is a PLUS
Vertex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and a positive corporate culture. For more information about the Vertex team, please visit our website at vertexeng.com .