The strategic combination of Cumberland Farms, Inc. and Gulf Oil Limited Partnership - also known as The Cumberland Gulf Group - is a private, family owned company with a corporate facility conveniently located in Framingham, MA. Cumberland Farms is a well-established convenience retailer. Gulf is a wholesale petroleum and energy supplier, and entered into the retail electricity market in January 2012 with Gulf Electricity. Cumberland Farms has been opening its new concept stores throughout the Northeast since 2009. Last year, The Cumberland Gulf Group ranked in the Top 50 of the Forbes Top 500 Private Companies.
To support our Company’s strategic initiatives and continued growth, we are currently seeking top talent to join our Environmental Compliance Team as an Emergency Response Manager. The ER Manager will be responsible for managing the Environmental Response program including review of after-hours response handled by other departments within the company. This includes training and creating Policies and Procedures for the IT Help Desk and the Facilities Support Services Gas Dispatchers, as well as for the Compliance Department; trouble-shooting various requests from the Retail and Gulf Wholesale Divisions Field Operations Teams including gas inventory variances, ATG alarms and tank test failures; witnessing Federal, State or Local inspections when necessary.
Duties include but are not limited to:
o Tank information in the UST system database
- handling all aspects of emergency response for surface spills at all 900 Retail and Wholesale gas station facilities. This includes assessing the situation as it is reported and determining if enough information has been transmitted to make a decision relative to response and clean-up activities
- managing the cathodic protection program. This will include evaluating all locations with cathodic protection and ensuring that the proper systems are installed at each location. This will also include reviewing proposals sent from vendors relative to repair work and determining if the repairs are necessary
- managing the Functionality Testing Program including creating a Scope of Work (SOW) and Request for Proposal (RFP) to put the work out to bid through the Purchasing Department. Once a vendor is chosen, the ERM will work with the vendor to develop a schedule and oversee the work as it is completed
- analyzing and creating reports for work orders and purchase orders created with the online work order system as well as track all work orders to ensure that they are handled properly and within the designated timeframes
- managing the reportable water calls program which will include creating reports to determine where work orders have been placed for water in containment sumps or tanks
- taking calls from the Store Managers, ASMs, RMs, Dealers and Area Reps to assist with troubleshooting their gas related questions (this could be relative to a gas spill, troubleshooting their ATG or inventory concerns and will require an understanding of the UST Regulations in all eleven (11) states of operation)
- maintaining, interpreting and gathering the following information:
o The generation of AFE’s for any capital work done within the Department
- responsible for the “Environmental Tote” program and ensuring that all Store Managers and Dealers have accurate and current paperwork onsite as required by the Regulating Agencies
- assisting the department with the utilization of FileSurf, the company’s Records Retention system by entering relevant documents into FileSurf
The Cumberland Gulf Group does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Company will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "Employment Agency Agreement" already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or 10+ professional certifications within the Underground Storage Tank Industry
- 5+ years of field experience as a gas technician or certified UST tester
- experience with administration/management of projects
- strong attention to detail, solutions minded
- strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to interact with internal and external partners at a variety of levels
- ability to properly and effectively manage and complete workload in a timely manner, multi-tasking ability
- ability to research, analyze and compile information
The goal of Cumberland Farms and Gulf Oil is to provide a workplace that is free from discrimination and harassment. We believe in promoting fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, veteran status, genetic information, or basis protected by statue.
Cumberland Farms - 23 months ago
Did you know that…
There really was a Cumberland Farms. Vasilios and Aphrodite Haseotes bought it in Cumberland, Rhode Island in...