The Environmental Engineer (Air Program Coordinator) coordinates the air program for the site and provides subject matter expertise for air permitting and regulatory compliance.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
· Leadership and direction of the air team. Responsible to serve as the air advisor to the EHS&S and Site Manager
· Provide technical support to ensure compliance with air regulations and permits
· Prepare air permit applications and negotiate conditions that ensure both efficient plant operation and regulatory compliance
· Advise engineering/operations during reviews of proposed projects to understand and plan for potential implications
· Lead efforts with operations to identify ways to improve performance by reducing emissions due to start ups, shut downs, process upsets, and general plant operation
· Maintain strong working knowledge of federal, state and local regulations and federal permitting programs such as: VOC and NOx RACT; Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR); New Source Performance Standards (NSPS); Prevention of Significant Deterioration and New Source Review (PSD/NSR); National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS).
· Gather & prepare records and reports such as Tier II, TRI, Compliance Assurance, and Title V certification & air emissions inventory
· Coordinate technical measurements & monitoring of all air emission sources, including emissions testing (stack testing, performance testing, opacity testing), and complete required reports.
· Provide site-wide training on environmental awareness and emerging air regulations
· Implement sustainable environmental processes and update SOP's on as needed basis
· Mentor engineers
This position is located in Selkirk, NY, which is just south of Albany, NY.
· BS in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering or similar experience
· Experience with Federal and State air regulations or a desire to learn
· Ability to interact effectively and liaison with local, state and federal regulators, including advocacy and negotiation
· Strong communication and organization skills; solid influence skills
• You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
· You must be 18 years or older
· You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
· You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
· You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
• Experience interacting with regulatory agencies
• Minimum of 5 years environmental engineering experience
• Experience leading small teams of environmental professionals
SABIC Innovative Plastics - 13 months ago