Brenco, an Amsted Rail Company is an established 60 year old company which produces tapered roller bearings for applications in the railroad industry is seeking a highly motivated, industrious, safety-conscious environmental engineer to work “Hands-On” and very closely with Operations. The position provides management with information concerning regulatory compliance issues that affect company operations complying with all environmental permitting requirements involving air, wastewater, hazardous waste, solid waste, and storm water. This also includes the development of environmental programs, polices and documentation to comply with all regulatory requirements maintaining effective communications with regulatory agencies and management staff. Operates wastewater pretreatment plant.
B.S. in civil engineering or environmental engineering.
· Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· 2 to 5 years of industrial experience in environmental compliance, wastewater and safety including project management.
· Ability to perform a variety of tasks with minimum level of supervision to varying specifications with ability to transform high level strategies into executable programs.
· Require the ability to communicate effectively with upper and mid-level managers within the organization.
· Prior experience in federal, state and local environmental regulations, DOT regulations and OSHA.
· Must be willing to relocate.
Brenco/Amsted Rail has been changing lives and putting careers on the move for over 60 years. Come join a team where operational excellence, employee development and continuous improvement are key success factors. Brenco, located in Petersburg, Virginia, is the #1 US producer of tapered roller bearings in the railroad industry. Talented and motivated individuals will have the opportunity to do the best work of their lives with an established 60-year-old company.
The recent increase in demand in business has created the need for highly motivated individuals who will have the opportunity to exercise a positive outlook on continuous improvement initiatives delivering operational excellence. Through competitive wages, outstanding benefits and internal advancement opportunities, you'll have the chance to create a career you can be proud of.
Some of the outstanding benefits include:
- Our retirement package that includes 5% match on 401k contributions
- Employee stock ownership program
- Medical insurance and an on-site medical clinic
- Our recreational park, Brenco Park, is a wonderful facility with a pool, fishing ponds, and basketball and tennis courts
- We are 100% employee-owned. Come to Brenco/Amsted Rail and join a proud family!
Amsted Industries - 15 months ago
Wilbur and Orville Wright's first flight might never have succeeded without an assist from Amsted Industries' Diamond Chain...