The Environmental Engineer will provide environmental support to Intrepid’s facilities. Under the direction of the Environmental Manager or Coordinator the incumbent will ensure that company activities are conducted in accordance with company standards and in compliance with local, state and federal requirements. This position will be responsible for approaching work with a commitment to safety and will be involved in the following areas:
· Effectively interface with stakeholders (e.g., site operations personnel, technical staff, and regulatory agency personnel).
· Maintain positive rapport with stakeholders to foster working relationship that minimizes adversarial actions and promotes positive information exchange
· Complete permitting and monitoring activities in a timely manner. This will include permit application submittal, monitoring and reporting.
· Ensure that permitting activities appropriately support Intrepid operations and projects.
· Coordinate and manage environmental projects, including contractor, consultant and technician activities.
· Conduct regular and frequent inspections on company operations to ensure regulatory compliance.
· Monitor proposed environmental regulation, policies and procedures and their impacts to Intrepid activities. Inform Intrepid management of regulatory changes that may affect the company.
· Develop and implement effective management programs that ensure compliance with company standards and local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
· Ensure that departmental and company goals and objectives are achieved by participating in short and long-range planning activities.
· Provide environmental awareness training to site employees.
· Understand and be knowledgeable about environmental regulations and programs including:
o Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure planning
o Storm water
o Clean Water Act
o Radioactive materials program
o National Environmental Policy Act
o Clean Air Act - Title V Regulations
o RCRA - Hazardous and Non-Hazardous Wastes
o Asbestos Abatement and Management
o Reclamation and closure management
o Wildlife protection and management
o Environmental management systems
Education and/or Experience
• BS degree in Science, Engineering or Environmental field with 0-5 years work experience.
• Competent with Microsoft Office software.
• Experience with AutoCAD and/or ArcView preferred.
• Strong communication skills.
• Motivated self-starter who is able to work in a team environment or independently
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Intrepid Potash - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard