Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering or related field with five years minimum experience in environmental consulting specializing in assessment and remediation.
• Strong project and task management, field investigation, analytical and computer skills required, as is an understanding of California environmental regulations.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team and write technical reports
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record required
• Registration as a California Professional Geologist or Professional Engineer
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Do the best work of your life!
The Infrastructure and Engineering Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Environmental Engineer/Assistant Project Manager for immediate employment in the Oakland office to assist with task and project management for a broad range of environmental assessement and remediation projects and to manage a staff of four.
Primary roles include: managing tasks and projects from work plan and report preparation, budget/proposal preparation and overall task coordination, coordinating and overseeing a variety of drilling / subsurface investigation techniques, preparation of log borings in accordance with USCS, installation of monitoring wells in accordance with applicable guidelines and providing fieldwork oversight of subcontractors. Must be familiar with field investigation techniques, laboratory analyses and waste characterization criteria, human health screening criteria, interpretation of geologic and chemical data for surface water, soil, soil gas and groundwater and be capable to prepare and complete reports summarizing field procedures and results.
Business development roles include: prepare proposals, interact with clients to expand work assignments or market new work. identify potential clients and work.
Management roles include: mentor junior staff and supervise staff of four.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.