Koch Industries Inc. (KII) is one of the largest privately held companies in the world. Koch owns a diverse range of businesses, which includes chemical manufacturing, oil refining as well as paper and fiber production, across the globe. This is a Corporate role, working across all the Koch Companies, in the US and internationally, to support the implementation of the KII commitment and vision of EHS Excellence.
- Develop Standards, processes and tools to achieve a consistent standard of compliance and environmental excellence across Koch Industries. Lead Subject Matter Expert (SME) teams to facilitate this development as necessary
- Act as an environment SME, providing technical support to Koch Company clients (e.g. risk identification, issue management and leadership, incident investigation, leveraging best practices)
- Apply risk identification and management practices for emerging regulatory issues and continuous improvement
- Implement compliance strategies developed and approved by the Koch Environmental Regulatory Issues Team throughout Koch Industries
- Support Koch companies in implementation of sustainable environmental systems and practice
- Provide corporate oversight against key environmental measures and work with the Koch companies to develop leading indicators to drive environmental excellence
- Ensure the KII vision of environmental excellence is understood and represented across all of Koch
- Support the KII audit program as an environmental auditor and advisor and support facilities in the development of robust action plans to address deficiencies
- Bachelor’s degree level qualification in engineering, chemistry or related science subject
- 10+ years experience in working in chemical or petrochemical manufacturing or other major manufacturing industry
- 2+ years experience of implementing environmental management systems
- Extensive knowledge of environmental legislative process and regulation (US and internationally) and ability to implement compliance requirements
- Knowledge and experience in environmental subject matter areas such as Clean Air Act Amendments, Green House Gas, Chem Management (including RCRA, TSCA, Green Chemistry, Product Stewardship, and product environmental impact), water regulations
- Experience participating on environmental issues teams and implementing strategies effectively and efficiently
- Job will entail fair amount of travel (up to 50%) within the US and internationally
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Based in Wichita, Kan., Koch Industries, Inc. is one of the largest private companies in America according to Forbes magazine. It owns a diverse group of companies involved in refining and chemicals; process and pollution control equipment and technologies; minerals; fertilizers; polymers and fibers; commodity trading and services; forest and consumer products; and ranching. Koch companies have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ about 60,000 people. Since 2003, Koch companies have invested more than $50 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures.
Koch Industries, Inc.
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Koch Industries, Inc. - 8 months ago
Koch (pronounced "coke") Industries is the real thing, one of the largest (if not the largest) private companies in the US....