Environmental Field Technician
Environmental Compliance Services, Inc., (ECS) is a dynamic company comprising approximately 180 professionals with offices throughout New England, Ohio, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Florida. ECS has an immediate opening for an Entry Level Environmental Field Technician in our Pittsburgh office.
An AS degree in Environmental Engineering/Science, Geology, Hydrogeology or other directly related field and/or 1-2 years demonstrated field experience including sample collection, field analysis, and oversight of other trades is helpful but not necessary.
Duties assigned may include, but are not limited to:
OSHA 24-Hour or 40-Hour Certification is a plus but not mandatory, as this training can be provided. Travel to various job sites and meetings will be necessary. As such, the candidate must be able to successfully pass the company's Drivers Safety Policy requirements. Additionally, candidates must pass a pre-employment physical/drug screen and criminal background/driving record check and must have a valid Pennsylvania driver's license in good standing.
- Sample collection and field analysis (air, soil, groundwater, water)
- Surveying (differential level and triangulation)
- Basic remediation systems (SVE, AS, GWPT) installation and/or O&M
- Pilot/slug test (pump, AS, SVE, high vac., bio) data collection
- Oversight of excavation activities (contaminated soil and/or underground storage tanks)
- Oversight of subcontractors performing services at site locations
- Letter and report preparation for submittal to regulatory agencies with supervision of senior staff
We offer a great work environment and excellent benefits including:
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
Health & Dental Insurance
Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
401(k) Plan with company match
Flexible Spending Benefits Account
Paid sick, vacation time, and holidays
Employee Referral Bonus Program
An Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action
Environmental Compliance Services, Inc. - 10 months ago