Stericycle is looking for individuals who are seeking a career with a stable company offering tremendous growth potential.
We are currently seeking Regional Environmental Hazardous Waste Field Technicians to work on-site at various retail stores to characterize, segregate, package and document various types of retail hazardous waste and pharmaceutical waste. Prepare all appropriate and required documentation to meet federal and state laws and State, EPA, DOT and EPA regulations. This person will work in one geographic area based around the assigned city and will be required to travel within a 500 mile radius of the region (will be away from home 3-5 days per week).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Travels between customer retail facilities, throughout assigned territory.
- Provides services related to managing retail hazardous waste and pharmaceutical waste, which involves characterization of hazardous, regulated and non-hazardous waste.
- Properly lab packs and prepares manifests and LDR’s for hazardous waste shipment according to State, EPA & DOT regulations.
- Provides training and support for customers on processes, findings and regulatory compliance.
- Ensures customers are serviced on a regular and timely basis. Manages route to maintain compliance with 10 day transfer schedules.
- Provides written and verbal reports to customer and supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
This position can be fairly physical as the technicians do on and off load their own trucks.
- Two or more years of industry related experience working with hazardous waste pick-up and removal (The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent in related work experience)
- Must have or be willing to get a Class B CDL with HAZMAT Endorsement (Stericycle will help you obtain the necessary licensing/endorsements if you don’t have)
- Ability to work flexible hours to include overnight travel
- Must have outstanding customer service skills and experience working with detailed documentation.
- Demonstrates general knowledge of RCRA and DOT Regulations as it relates to waste characterization and the transportation of hazardous waste. Some understanding of handling DEA controls is a plus.
- Proficient with computer software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel
Benefits and Incentives:
Stericycle offers a Comprehensive Benefits Package, including:
- Competitive Salary - Superior earning potential! This is a full-time salaried position.
- Paid Bi-Weekly – Direct Deposit Available
- Newer Equipment - Fully Equipped with your own Mobile Office (Laptop, Paid cell phone plus more)!
- Fuel card provided
- Home weekly, guaranteed!
- All expenses paid, including hotel accommodations
- Company Paid Training Programs
- Career Advancement Opportunities!
- Medical / Dental / Vision for you and your dependants
- 401k with Company Match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid Life insurance; Long and Short term disability
- Paid Vacations, Holidays, Personal/Sick Days
- Plus more!
Additional Information: Travel Percentage: 80%
Monster - 18 months ago
Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble, Stericycle treats medical rubble. A leading medical and pharmaceutical waste management company,...