The selected EH&S Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that the company complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations pertaining to environmental, health and safety.
- Maintain all required air, water and waste permitting required to operate the facility. Interface with all regulatory agencies in the areas of air, water and solid/liquid waste.
- Fulfill all reporting, monitoring and recordkeeping requirements at their required intervals.
- Manages the hazardous / non-hazardous waste programs in cooperation with the corporate environmental policies, waste minimization, collection and disposal efforts. Maintain all required air, water and waste permitting required to operate the facility
- Interface with all regulatory agencies in the areas of air, water and solid/liquid waste
- Fulfill all reporting, monitoring and recordkeeping requirements at their required intervals
- Educate all affected employees and ensure accountability to their responsibilities in maintaining compliance
- Assist the Wastewater Treatment Operator with purchasing materials and equipment for the treatment process as needed. Ensure that monthly Discharge Monitoring Reports and data recording are accurate for the function.
- Maintains compliance with Title V permit reporting, recordkeeping, and monitoring requirements.
- Prepares waste profiles, maintains operating log of waste shipments, maintains manifests, ensures return of original in a timely fashion.
- Prepares and submits annual hazardous waste reports, Tier II reports, TRI Reports and Air Emission Inventory reports.
- Responsible for all plant safety programs.
- Administers workers compensation program.
- Conducts required annual Safety and Environmental re-training, performs new employee training as required by OSHA/EPA/DOT regulations and corporate policies.
- Coordinates accident investigation and reporting.
- Accompany internal and external auditors to insure that issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Schedule and oversee Industrial Hygiene and Hearing Conservation programs at the plant.
- Prepare and maintain all required licenses and internal and external reports.
- Oversee monthly plant safety and quarterly environmental meetings.
The selected candidate must have the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in the areas of environmental
studies, chemistry, and safety
- 2+ years of EH&S work experience
- Familiarity with Large Quantity Hazardous waste generator requirements, works with the facility emergency coordinator to assure all RCRA generator regulations are being met
- Experience with HazMat record keeping, waste water treatment & CAA, CWA, CERCLA, DOT,OSHA, RCRA
We are an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Sequa serves the aerospace and metal coatings sectors through its two primary operating segments. Chromalloy Gas Turbine, its largest unit,...