This California-based Food and Beverage company has a nearly 100 year history of innovation in farming techniques, manufacturing and products. This environmentally conscious company is in growth mode, with record sales and new products hitting the market. Product lines include carrots, all natural salad dressings, and super-premium beverages. Exciting, new all-natural product line is in the works.
- Stable * Growing * Fresh * Vibrant * Innovative * Green * Healthy
Strong history. Exciting future.
Bolthouse Farms is a fourth-generation farm located in California’s fertile San Joaquin Valley, known for high-quality consumer brands and innovative products. Bolthouse Farms is a market share leader in growing and distributing carrots. In addition, Bolthouse Farms produces and sells super-premium juices, smoothies, protein shakes and café beverages under the Bolthouse Farms brand name. In recent years, Bolthouse Farms diversified its offerings by launching a line of premium refrigerated yogurt dressings and extra virgin olive oil vinaigrettes. The Bolthouse Farms mission is to Inspire the Fresh Revolution™ and change the way people consume healthy foods and beverages.
JOB TITLE: Director Environmental Health, Safety & Security—Corporate
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, the role of Director of EH&S will both challenge and excite you! We are looking for an experienced Director of Environmental Safety, Health & Security who will lead & execute corporate safety and loss prevention, workers compensation and cost containment and security efforts for the company while providing consultation and counsel to division leaders and management on all related matters. To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate ability to analyze and evaluate environmental and safety regulations and statutory and technical aspects of workers compensation. You will need to demonstrate ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with government agencies, industry groups, and other stakeholders. Because of the communication requirements of the position, you will need to demonstrates excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills and portray the ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously. The position requires the ability to conduct periodic corporate-level hazard identification risk assessments and evaluations. Additionally, experience in preparing and delivering EHS training, understanding, maintaining and executing EHS recordkeeping, reporting, and compliance is required.
You will be required to demonstrate strategic thinking and collaboration as the role of the Director of EH&S is to ensure that we have exceptional safety performance and that we are compliant with all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
This position is the key interface with department staff, government agencies, operations management and supervision. We need someone with strong interpersonal skills, who follows up on details in a way that shows genuine care for others.
The Director of Environmental Health & Safety is responsible for identifying potential hazards, developing and implementing employee health, safety, environmental, workers compensation and security guidelines. The EH&S Director is also responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance requirements such as but not limited to OSHA, EPA, DOT, and FDA.
BE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING:
claims and loss control management.
- Thorough working knowledge of various corporate EH&S and risk management programs.
- Experience with controlling and reducing workers compensation and liability exposure and expense through pro-active
Compensation, Automobile, General Liability, Business Interruption and Property Damage.
- Familiarity with a variety of Property & Casualty commercial & specialty insurance policies including Workers
- Willingness to grow the EH&S job function into other value added leadership roles.
Contractor Safety Program are met.
- Direct risk mitigation and regulatory compliance to reduce financial and legal liability for the company.
- Direct the manufacturing plant’s Engineering/Maintenance/Facilities Managers to ensure all regulations of OSHA’s
compliance with EPA Risk Management Plan.
- Direct and oversee the OSHA Process Safety Management Program as it relates specifically to ammonia refrigeration in
company loss control programs.
- Direct and oversee safety initiatives, including safety recognition program, site safety committee meetings and other
mitigate future losses.
- Direct loss analysis to proactively identify trends, develop strategic plans, and implement risk-reduction methods to
insurance brokers, consultants and carriers.
- Direct Environmental Health & Safety audits and oversee completion of required regulatory reporting.
- Participate in departmental budgeting, forecasting and allocation of risk program expenses.
- Direct and oversee the workers compensation return to work program.
- Maintain and build partnerships with internal and external customers including Legal, Human Resources,
- Develop and conduct presentations to senior managers regarding EH&S results.
- Other duties as assigned.