Interns will be directly supervised by the Plant Safety Manager. The intern will be responsible for completing detailed projects (scope and specifics to be determined prior to their arrival) in each of the areas below.
Each assignment will require a written report from the intern as well as documented assessment / review by the Safety Manager. Position Responsibilities Responsibilities could include projects within one or more of the followin areas.
Current enrollment in a bachelor’s degree program related to Environment, Health, Safety, Operations or Supply Chain Management
- Ergonomics: the intern will conduct an ergonomic assessment using the ConAgra Ergonomic Assessment tool in conjunction with our Ergonomist. They will develop a written report detailing the issue, assessment, and possible corrective actions.
- Industrial Hygiene: the intern will accompany the Corporate Industrial Hygienist to a facility to complete an IH assessment. The intern will assist the IH with determining scope of the assessment, setting up monitors for both air and noise, completing the data collection forms, submitting samples to appropriate laboratories for analysis, and completing a final report. A written summary report will be the work product.
- Policy and training program development: the intern will assist with development of a safety policy and training program based on an OSHA regulation. They will work with the Director of Safety Services as part of the development process.
- Key Concepts of Safety process: the intern will accompany a member of the S, H & E staff to a facility to observe an eight hour training in Key Concepts. The intern will also work with a member of the S, H & E staff to complete a Key Concepts audit of a facility.
- Trend Analysis / Reporting: the intern will work with the S, H & E Data Management position to produce the monthly statistical reports for one fiscal period. They will also develop trend analysis data and create recommendations for improvement.
- Environment: the intern will accompany a Platform Director of Environment on a facility visit for follow up on previous recommendations and process review. A Facility Visit Report will be the work product / output.
- Other projects will be assigned based on time remaining in the internship, issues occurring at facilities, etc. At all times the intern will be assigned a working partner through the Enterprise S, H and E staff of professionals. Position Qualifications Education and Experience:
Minimum GPA 3.3
Traits of Successful Incumbents:
Strong results orientation.
Demonstrated strengths in relationship building, problem solving and conflict management.
Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
Strong analytical skills.
Strong computer competency. Experience with MS suite of products desirable.
No heavy labor involved, but significant amount of work on the manufacturing plant floor
Disclaimer: This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
ConAgra Foods - 13 months ago
ConAgra Foods fills the refrigerators, freezers, and pantries of most households. The company produces name-brand packaged and frozen foods....