We have a single position available for an Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager located in our San Diego, Huntington Beach, or Oakland, California office. The selected candidate will provide health and safety support to our professional staff located throughout the western United States.
Responsibilities for the EHS Manager will include but are not limited to:
The selected candidate will perform assignments under the supervision of Geosyntec’s Director of EHS.
- Assist in the review, revisions, and updates of current EHS Procedures and write/develop new Procedures to identify and minimize risk to Geosyntec as the Company grows in the number, type and complexity of projects;
- Review, and if needed, develop site-specific Health and Safety Plans (HASP) for “high-risk” projects;
- Develop, update, and deliver training programs in OSHA and HAZWOPER courses including, but not limited to the 8 hr. annual refresher/supervisor, PPE, Confined Spaces, Competent Person, Construction classes, etc.;
- Conduct EHS audits at both project and office sites and based on findings and recommendations, develop an audit tool with metrics scoring as Geosyntec develops a behavioral based safety program;
- Mentor the Environmental Health and Safety Coordinators (EHSC) through increased communications and the development of training materials;
- Review incidents/injuries in both project and office environments and develop root cause/trend analysis data for communication and discussion with Geosyntec personnel and senior management;
- Work with the Director of EHS in the development and implementation of current and future initiatives (e.g., revised Medical Surveillance/Training Programs, EHS Webpage, HASP Template, Hazard Mitigators/Task Hazard Analysis, components of the behavior based safety program).
Qualifications:The minimum qualifications for this position are as follows:
This position requires successful completion of 40 hours of OSHA HAZWOPER training required for oversight at potentially contaminated sites, an annual 8-hour refresher courses, 1st Aid/CPR training, and medical monitoring. The ability and willingness to travel are also required. In addition, the successful candidate will wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and work in conditions of potential heat/cold environments, rugged terrain, use of ladders, work with fall protection/scaffolding, etc.
- BS in the Sciences, Safety and/or Environmental Disciplines;
- MS desired in Industrial Hygiene, Safety Management, etc.
- 12-15 years of experience in the HAZWOPER and Construction environment;
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) and/or Certified Safety Professional (CSP);
- Travel (30-40% required) throughout the Western US;
- Good oral, organizational, and written communication skills.
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest candidates available in the marketplace. To be selected for this position, the candidate must possess exceptional interpersonal skills and outstanding oral, verbal, and written communication skills allowing positive internal, client, and contractor relationships. The selected candidate will demonstrate passion for the business of environmental consulting, technical excellence and quality, leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with the Firm.
Geosyntec is an equal opportunity employer. Geosyntec offers a competitive salary and benefits package for this challenging and rewarding position.
Geosyntec Consultants, Inc. - 16 months ago