SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The primary function of the Environmental Health and
Safety Supervisor will be to create a strategic
partnership with department leaders to assist in
identifying workplace safety and health risks and
implementing control measures that align with site and
corporate initiatives. The EHS Supervisor is responsible
for knowing, interpreting, and appropriately applying
all applicable federal, state, and local laws, statutes
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Lead site audits, risk assessment activities and
implement corrective action promptly to ensure company
and regulatory compliance.
2. In partnership with operational leadership, set up
and maintain safety training programs in all applicable
safety competency areas. Assure training is
appropriately documented, reviewed constantly to assure
compliance and timeliness and maintain appropriate
written records/ documentation of such training being
conducted and reinforced.
3. Understand applicable state and federal and
regulatory requirements for safety, hazardous waste and
4. Lead and provide training for AMRI’s incident
5. Oversee hazardous waste program to ensure waste is
being disposed of according to all local, state, and
federal regulations. Responsible for submitting all
required reports and fees associated with hazardous
waste disposal. Will work with AMRI sourcing department
and hazardous waste vendor to continuously evaluate
options for reducing volumes and costs.
6. Ensure completion of regulatory documents, reports
and other recordkeeping requirements.
7. Work closely with plant leadership and scientific
staff to assure that appropriate process safety
considerations are being and that practices and
procedures are planned and followed. Examples range from
providing appropriate PPE to conducting a full safety
assessment of the project.
8. Train, mentor and supervise EHS staff at the
Rensselaer location. Have the ability to work closely
with Security, Human Resources, and Occupational Health
9. Work with Occupational Health Nurse to investigate
and manage workplace injuries.
10. Responsible for overseeing the development of the
Industrial Hygiene program.
11. Ensure appropriate recordkeeping and regulatory
reporting is in place.
12. Ensure comprehensive employee and contractor
orientation for safety is conducted.
13. Participate in and assist with the development of
continuous improvement activities and cost savings
14. Guide and promote safe work performance by
developing and enforcing safety policies, implementing
safety campaigns, and training supervisors and employees
on EH&S expectations.
15. Perform other duties as may be reasonably assigned
in the course of business.
Education and/or Experience
or appropriate industrial experience
- B.S. in Safety, Environmental Science or related field
- 2-5 years prior relevant experience.
AMRI - 2 years ago