Overall Job Purpose: Manage the administration, design, development, implementation, and refinement of the Enviance environmental management system across the ACI enterprise. Define and manage related processes to ensure usability and integrity of all environmental systems and conformance of the operations with applicable environmental laws, regulations, permits, licenses, other approvals, authorizations, and agreements. Manage day-to-day systems operations and work closely with peer decision-makers and management to foster innovation, provide technical expertise, and recommend effective environmental technology solutions for the respective organizations and enterprise. Minimize risk, exposure, and the potential for non-compliance through education and communicating the relevance of technical solutions including fully leveraging Enviance and other applications, evaluation, and implementation of mobile solutions, developing and documenting processes, designing/developing system architecture, and enhancing reporting.
Required Education & Experience:
- Environmental Management System Development and Implementation which includes:
- Manage the design, development, implementation, and refinement of the environmental management system and related technology in cooperation with corporate, divisional, and operational staff.
- Perform system administration duties. Manage users, user groups, rights, permissions, security, segregation of duties, etc.
- Identify opportunities to leverage and expand use of technology to reduce manual processes, increase efficiency and accuracy, and lower costs while supporting environmental functions.
- Provide support for user community and liaison between users and various entities.
- Create and maintain training programs and materials. Provide group and one-on-one training.
- Develop, document, and implement best practice guidance, libraries, build conventions, and standard operating procedures.
- Develop testing outlines and coordinate/review testing results with subject matter experts for final user acceptance.
- Provide support for system and functional audits. Ensure users and systems maintain SOX compliance.
- Ensure environmental systems support operational requirements while satisfying State and Federal laws, mandates, and reporting.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- B.S. Degree in Natural Resources Management, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geology, Biology, or Mining Engineering or equivalent experience
- Two years of experience with Enviance software
- Four years of environmental experience with a broad spectrum of regulatory programs
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel macros
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to travel to mining operations, laboratories, and meetings
Position will report to: Director, Environmental Affairs
- Regulatory experience includes: SMCRA, CAA, CWA, CERCLA, EPCRA, RCRA, TSCA, ESA, NEPA, and SDWA
- Expertise with VBA
- Experience in system administration, application security design, and system architecture
- Operations experience, especially with environmental awareness training
- Experience with the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of environmental management systems (EMS) or compliance management systems (CMS)
- Experience working collaboratively and cooperatively with the corporate, divisional, and operational level of organizations
- Multi-media environmental auditing and report writing expertise
- Registered Professional Engineer, Professional Geologist, Professional Soil Scientist, Wildlife Biologist, Professional Hydrologist, or Professional Forester
- HAZWOPER certified
We know our employees determine our success. At Arch Coal, we attract and retain America’s top talent through:
Arch Coal is a relevant, responsible, and growing Fortune 1000 company providing America with an indigenous, secure, and ever-increasingly clean fuel source. Arch has amassed numerous national and international awards for the innovative use of new technologies, including Business Week's Web Smart 50, CIO's Bold 100 and multiple InfoWeek awards.
- Competitive base salary
- Employee Incentive programs
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 6% of base salary
- Free covered parking
Don’t stay in the dark. Learn more about Arch Coal, our culture, and our contributions to securing America’s future by exploring our website.
Qualified candidates interested in this position should send resume, cover letter and voluntary identification form to Arch Coal, Inc. One CityPlace Drive, Suite 300, St. Louis, MO 63141 or by email at Careers@archcoal.com by 4/21/2013.
Arch Coal Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard