Begin your career in the environmental industry with PSC Environmental Services Division. Work in a team environment assisting customers' needs in environmental compliance and sustainability.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work in teams to perform lab pack services, segregating and classifying materials per Department of Transportation and Environmental Protection Agency requirements.
• Properly complete regulatory documentation including manifests, Land Disposal Restrictions (LDR's) and container labels.
• Follow, understand, and promote by example, all Health & Safety procedures as outlined in PSC Policies and Procedures.
• Obtain Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with Hazmat Endorsement to legally operate the local PSC vehicles necessary for transporting hazardous materials.
• Perform consolidation of hazardous materials/waste (i.e. bulking, repackaging)
• Develop and demonstrate leadership skills and show creativity in solving customer problems
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The position requires the ability to routinely lift items that weigh up to 75 lbs.
• BA / BS in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biology or Business preferred, but all are welcome to apply
• Successful completion of OSHA / DOT physical examination
• Drivers License with clear record
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
• 0-2 years
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong communication skills to interact with customer to provide information, explanations, and/or instructions.
• Team player
• Attention to detail
• Ability to follow procedures
• Desire to learn about the Environmental, Health & Safety industry.
• Customer sites, plant, labs
PSC - 16 months ago
If you've messed with Mother Nature, you should call PSC (which takes it name from its former title -- Philip Services Corporation, and...