For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For".
Environmental Jobs at CH2M HILL
Today, the importance of environmental stewardship is unprecedented. As businesses go “Green" and society becomes more proactive, your role in CH2M HILL's Environmental Group provides opportunities to participate in projects that will protect the Earth's natural resources. We help our clients in both government and industry markets safeguard and restore natural resources as cost-effectively as possible. Overall it is a monumental task, but with each day, we have the opportunity to limit our footprint. Ready? Let's Get to Work.
Description and Desired Qualifications
CH2M HILL Environmental Management Information Specialist (EMIS) Careers – Southfield, MI
The challenge? Serve the strategic and operational environmental compliance needs of our clients throughout North America, and globally as needed. Our Environmental Management Information Specialist (EMIS) careers provide you with an opportunity to work on the development and implementation of compliance and sustainability information management (EC&S IM, aka EIMS, EMIS, EHS IM) solution services to industrial clients. Each day, as part of our Environmental Business Solutions Information Management (EHS IM) services team you will be the face of CH2M HILL as you lead multi-discipline teams of client and consulting staff in developing enterprise environmental information solutions . You should be a self-motivated professional with a minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience in an EMIS platform, and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each environmental compliance & sustainability information management specialist job.
Our Environmental Management Information Specialists :
Additional Information: CH2M HILL will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position.
- Demonstrate project execution success on EMIS compliance projects for industrial clients including implementation of work plans, manage the design, development, implementation, and refinement of the environmental management system and related technology working closely with our client organizations.
- Assist our client organizations with system administration duties.
- Manage users, user groups, rights, permissions, security, segregation of duties, and similar activities.
- Assist the client in defining environmental reporting needs and solution specifications/requirements.
- Participate in the delivery of projects involving EMIS, compliance assurance strategies, compliance auditing, permitting and design of associated work processes.
- Utilize their strong EMIS background in the areas of environmental management systems, multi-media (air, water, waste) compliance, climate change, and sustainability.
- Have experience with at least one off the shelf electronic information management solutions (for example IHS ESP opsEnvironmental, IHS ESS Essential Suite, Enviance, Enablon, Technidata EC, Intelex, SAP EHS or others).
- Interact frequently with existing clients while build new relationships and network with client organizations; participate in technical seminars and conferences including delivery of technical presentations.
- Develop internal relationships to support the overall growth and success of CH2M HILL's EMIS practice.
- Bachelor Degree in an engineering or science field.
- 2 years of experience with EMIS solutions and regulatory compliance in a consulting/industrial environment.
- Experience with at least one off the shelf electronic information management solutions (e.g., IHS ESP opsEnvironmental, IHS ESS Essential Suite, Enviance, Enablon, Technidata EC, Intelex,)
In addition to the basic qualifications the following are highly desired but not required:
- MS in Environmental Engineering or Sciences, including but not limited to Chemical Engineering, or Civil Engineering
- 4 years experience with EMIS and regulatory compliance in a consulting environment
Bachelors or 4 Year Degree
Preferred Years of Experience
What you will find
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CH2M HILL - 18 months ago
Since its founding in 1946, CH2M HILL has been building a better and more sustainable planet—delivering challenging projects that...