INVISTA is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc., one of the world's largest privately-held companies. Koch companies employ about 67,000 people and have a presence in nearly 60 countries.
INVISTA is one of the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon, spandex, and polyester applications. Operating in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including LYCRA® fiber, COOLMAX® fabric, CORDURA® fabric, ANTRON® carpet fiber and STAINMASTER® carpet. You may not realize it, but INVISTA's products play a role in nearly every aspect of your life, for example INVISTA fibers may be in your carpet, clothing or bedding--and INVISTA polymers may be in your car, food packaging or camping gear. We transform daily life through innovations that create long-term value for our customers and society. You can be a part of the difference by joining the INVISTA team.
The Environmental Manager provides leadership and strategic direction to the INVISTA Victoria Nylon Intermediates facility to achieve excellence in the areas of EH&S through the application of the MBM
Guiding Principles and the MBM
A successful candidate has the following attributes:
Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with integrity, compliance and in a safe and efficient manner.
- The ability to produce accurate, high quality work in a time-sensitive fast paced environment.
- The ability to organize, prioritize, own and drive multiple tasks while meeting and/or exceeding deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and proven success in communicating effectively with all levels within and outside the company.
- The ability to motivate, influence and drive good business decisions forward while working with a diverse workforce.
- Partners with site leadership to establish priorities and deliver results.
- Initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Provide team members with work assignments, training, feedback, coaching, support and development opportunities
Develop technical and leadership talent within the Environmental organization
- Be a role model through the practice of MBM
- Foster a culture that focuses on EH&S and Compliance as an overriding expectation for which everyone will be held accountable
- Practice positive and careful communications and engage in pro-active problem solving
- Identify and provide resources to support Environmental and Health / Safety initiatives
- Provide support and leadership to operations to effectively manage regulatory compliance, environmental, health and safety standards of the Operating Units
Utilize corporate guidance/specifications to ensure compliance with applicable environmental standards
Manage Environmental regulatory agency inspections, inquiries, contacts and reports in accordance with company and regulatory requirements
Work with the Corporate EHS Team as appropriate to implement improvements assess issues
and implement corrective actions as necessary
Apply risk identification and management practices for emerging regulatory issues and continuous improvement
- Identify, develop, manage and audit for continuous improvement relative to EH&S
Developing project scope and incentives for Site projects that feed into our 5 year plan for capital / expense projects
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Environmental, Safety, Engineering or related field
Minimum of 5 years' experience in an environmental role within the chemical/petrochemical manufacturing facilities or refining industries
Minimum of 2 years' experience in an environmental leadership/management position in chemical/petrochemical manufacturing facilities or refining industries
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Must have a valid and current government issued driver's license
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
or more years of environmental leadership/management experience in specialty chemical plants, petrochemical facilities or oil refineries
Specific environmental experience including, but not limited to; Clean Air Act Amendments and Green House Gas, Waste Water, RCRA, TSCA, LDAR, BWON and Consent Decree
Experience working with government and regulatory agencies to ensure Environmental Compliance with all applicable local and national laws and standards
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
INVISTA S.à r.l.
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Koch Industries, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
INVISTA is one of the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon, spandex and polyester applications....