ESS Group, Inc. seeks an environmental professional with 2-5 years of experience in environmental compliance monitoring and reporting for owner/constructor regulatory compliance support. The successful candidate will be experienced in the implementation of environmental monitoring and reporting methods pertaining to construction activities associated with energy, industrial, and marine facilities. The position requires a confident, dependable, self-starter with excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Perform day-to-day environmental compliance monitoring and inspection services at active construction sites.
- Facilitate contractor compliance with environmental permit conditions, procedures, regulations and rules to construction staff.
- Serve as project construction liaison for federal, state, and local regulatory staff.
- Prepare and implement compliance management and pollution prevention plans.
- Prepare and issue daily, weekly, and monthly environmental compliance reports.
- Maintain on-site records related to environmental compliance.
- Assist in the preparation of air, water, soil, and waste discharge estimates and inventories.
- Perform environmental training/orientation to construction staff.
- Conduct technical/scientific literature reviews and data searches.
- Assignments will require significant travel.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- BS in an engineering or environmental discipline; geology preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in environmental compliance monitoring and reporting for owner/constructor regulatory compliance support.
- Strong skills in field observation and conditions assessment.
- Experience with federal and state environmental regulations for construction activities, remediation oversight, sampling of environmental media, and soil/waste management are a plus.
- Proficiency with computer software (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Strong communication, writing, and personal computer application skills are required. Applied experience with GIS Key and AutoCAD preferred.
- Current 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training certification.
ESS Group, Inc. offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package that includes medical & dental insurance, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance program, pre-tax accounts for health care, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid company holidays, sick leave, and vacation time. ESS Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicant must be eligible to work in the US.
For more information about ESS visit www.essgroup.com .
Please e-mail or mail your resume to:
Human Resources Manager
ESS Group, Inc.
401 Wampanoag Trail, Suite 400
East Providence, RI 02915
ESS Group, Inc. - 11 months ago
In 2002, ESS made a significant commitment to expand the company's engineering capabilities. This has been a real value-added feature for...