The Water Division of ARCADIS is currently searching for an
for our Integrated Water Resources Planning team to be located in our San Francisco, CA office.
The successful candidate will work on flood control feasibility, planning, and design projects including restoration of northern California wetlands, streams, and rivers. Focus will be on projects in and around San Francisco Bay and the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta; however as part of a national team the individual may support projects throughout the United States. The successful candidate should have a strong background in flood risk management policies and practices as well as the capability to support studies related to sustainability, climate change and sea level rise for a variety of public and private clients.
Position responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to:
- Review of technical documents related to flood risk management, flood control, ecosystem restoration and water supply
- Comparative research on flood risk management and risk assessment projects
- Ability to advise clients on the implementation of flood risk management, flood control, and ecosystem restoration programs and strategies
- Research the effects of storm events on critical infrastructure and ability of wetlands to reduce wave action
- Synthesis and summarization of technical documents
- Preparation of technical memoranda and reports
- Participation as a member of project teams working closely with technical staff
- Possess a working knowledge of word processing software such as MS Word and spreadsheet software such as MS Excel
Minimum Years of Experience
BS in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or Environmental Planning (or related field) is required.
- Have a background in of flood control, flood risk management, and ecosystem restoration
- Possess excellent problem solving skills and be solutions oriented
- Have demonstrable writing and communications skills including the ability to communicate in a clear, accurate, and professional manner
- Have strong organization skills
- Be able to work in a team environment
- Working knowledge of word processing software such as MS Word and spreadsheet software such as MS Excel
- MS in Environmental Planning and Policy (or related field) is preferred.
- Have strong public involvement, data collection and some data analysis skills
- Have some knowledge of statistical software for data analysis
- An understanding of flood risk policies and programs in northern California
- Have a working knowledge of word processing software such as MS Word and spreadsheet software such as MS Excel
ARCADIS - 11 months ago
ARCADIS US is the US arm of Netherlands-based environmental and engineering services company ARCADIS. The company provides consulting,...